IMHO, worth what it cost you, is that much over 4X on a .30-30 or .35 tends to make one try stuff that the cartridges were never intended to do. I would draw the line at 2-7. The 1.5-5 is a great scope and you will enjoy it.

BTW, I practice what I preach. I have ten Marlin levers from .22 to .35. The only one with more than 4X on it is a .219 Zipper. I would have preferred a 2-7, but I had a couple of unemployed 3-9s in a drawer, so it wears one of those.

Save your money on the expensive lever rings/mounts. Use a Weaver style base from the maker of your choice and the rings of your choice . Nearly all these type rings can be removed with a quarter, a key head, or a Swiss Army/Leatherman. They all return to zero quite well. quarter snug at instillation is good enough.

Jack

Last edited by jt402; 01/29/14.

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero