Most of you know that I don�t get mixed up in these anymore as you all know that IMO the whole modern thing is just the same old BS

You want more time in the woods , Fantastic. Get out there and spend time in the woods . Join 4X4 clubs , bike clubs . Get out there and help improve trails , streams , habitat��..
But don�t come crying because you arnt aloud to drive your 4 wheel drive on trails designated for ATV . Or for that mater either of those in areas set aside for hiking or horse back .

Same thing with hunting . You want more hunting time ? For crying out loud , you can already hunt near year around . Get out there an squirrel hunt , rabbit hunt , bird hunt , spring bear , fall bear . Hell you don�t like smoke , go buy a Daisy BB gun and shoot sparrows and starlings for crying out loud .
Better yet do away with the whole powder thing all together and get you one of those new high power Air guns and go after big game .

As to the �if they would have had they would have used it � idea . Well here is news for you . They had it and they didn�t use it . Bolt action rifles with very near the same ignition design as a lot of the bolt action commercial rifles sold today , date to the early 1700 in flint . Later in the 1800�s cap . They sucked until the design began being used for cartridge designs starting with the needle guns then pin fire then back to percussion.

. You want 300 yards , then get a gun that�s made for that range of shooting . Having a modern inline design has nothing to do with those distances or the accuracy at those distances , scoped or not .
The history books are full of accounts of accounts of shots being taken well past the 300 yard range on targets , humans and big game . If the range was dictated by the type of ignition then those original bolt action designs would have taken hold ..

You want smokeless , fine then get a smokeless gun. As others have said , you can buy one .
Go shoot it . Then cry because even though you load it from the muzzle , in a lot of states the laws don�t allow them . Not to also mention that some of them are classified as firearms. IE now your dealing with FFL�s , backgrounds searches���

So cut the Bull , what you really want is a powder with the qualities and velocities of modern smokeless , which will then circumvent the laws with the requirement of �black powder or its Direct replacement�
that�s really what your after .

So excuse me if I don�t buy the � im tiered of the smoke � line .
Everything cost something , I don�t understand why it is so hard to accept that if you want to spend a little longer in the woods hunting big game in a muzzleloader season that accepting alittle smoke as part of the cost is such a life changing issue . If it really and truly was , then there are is a lot of other opportunities for folks to spend all the time in the woods they want . Be that hunting or other .

[Linked Image]