Fellow 'Fire Folks;
Thanks all for the views at your respective '06's, it's cool to see the diversity of the rifles here.

While I don't appear to have any scanned in photos of the rifle alone, here's a photo from '93 I believe with a BBR that I'd bought new in '81.

If it doesn't look "right" to an observant Browning aficionado, that's because I'd bobbed 3" off the barrel, bead blasted and rust blued the barreled action and then reshaped the stock to fit me as well as adding wrap around checkering on the fore end.

[Linked Image]

It was a bit of a heavy beast to pack around and that's why I eventually sold it to a skookum young man who I'd lent it to for a hunting season.

He needed a trained rifle anyway and that particular '06 was that and more. I believe I had a string of 18 one shot kills on whitetail and mulie bucks with that thing, as well as one black bear and a California Bighorn ram.

It's in good hands now though and he's killed at least one mulie and whitetail buck each with it - so it still works just fine. wink

My current '06 is still only a VZ24 action c/w a FN military barrel I screwed onto it late last fall. I've got to get it into a tester mule stock to see if it shoots sometime soon.

Thanks again for sharing the photos gentlemen. All the best to you all in the upcoming week.

Regards,
Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 02/10/14.

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"