I had calcification in my shoulder joint and juncture where the collarbone meets the shoulder. This crap rubs muscle and tendon tissue and some positions would about bring me to my knees. I've never felt pain like that. I had to be extremely careful last Fall when mounting a pack on my back!

Doc is aware of my outdoor activities, backpack hunts, etc. His 2nd grader is classmates with mine and he's always been interested in my Idaho backpack trips. He has a 10 year old that deer hunts. The Doc isn't a hunter, but takes his son and encourages it. He also know I've been taking my girl on short backpack trips.

He conveyed to my wife, post surgery, he was alarmed at how much my shoulder had stiffened. He said get out of the sling in 24 hours, start moving my arm, and start PT next week. He indicated that when that stiffness is present to the extent it is, the muscle can quickly "shrink wrap" the shoulder joint causing lockup.
He told her "as active as he is, he needs to start moving tomorrow, I don't want that joint to lock on him."

He also gave me another Prednisone pack, which can be some nasty stuff, but is very effective against inflammation. This I believe he did so I can get started NOW on PT.

So I'm already moving and today (48 hrs) I will remove the bandages. I should make a full recovery but I have to get busy and serious now with PT and be diligent about it.

I won't see him again for 1 1/2 weeks but start PT Wednesday.

Not really sure what causes this, most likely osteoarthritis related. I have some friends who very much is involved in more natural cures and preventive diets. Magnesium seems to be related to calcium absorbtion. I'm looking into that but being active and staying in relatively good shape for my age, I think sometimes it's just the "luck of the draw".

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com