Hey I'm game.
Snubbie, hope the shoulder is healing well! I knew I was having my knee replaced about a week after modern in WA this year.
Was really hoping not to hike too much or have to track and drag anything too far.
Day one, afternoon one I'm walking through a wheat field to a hay bale blind on the edge. Never got to the blind!
I saw doe ears just over the rise in front of me and backed off before spooking her. Cut down the draw to the edge of the field to see four deer moving onto the field in front of me. They had no idea I was there.
I hustled up the hill behind them, got low as I neared the top and this old buck was feeding his way up the other side. I went to ground on my fanny pack but was too low. Got into the sticks, ranged it at 286, turned my bdc dial to 290 and pulled the trigger on the Winchester 88 in .308. Never had a boom flop before but I was so grateful to see this guy go down with his hooves about 3 feet in the air before falling back to earth.
Best part was driving out into the field and throwing him in the Suburban by 4:00PM!
For an old deer the meat has really been good.
[Linked Image]