Originally Posted by 458 Lott
I have one of the Charbroil American grills.

[Linked Image]

I've had it several years and really like it. I've used it for cooking meals for the family and have fed our kids x-c running team and parents severl times as well. One fearure I like is that it's wide enough to load up coals on one side to grill with direct heat, then put the meat off to the other side to finish off with indirect heat. When cooking large meals the cooking grating is 4 pieces so you can move meat to one side, remove a grate or two and add more coals for an extended bbq. It's light enough to load in the bed of the truck.

It's not a high end grill, but its served my needs well and should for several more years. A $100 I'd gladly spend again.

I have one of these. 8 years old and still going strong. I especially like how the belly is deep and long enough to cook with wood instead of charcoal.

But I wouldn't exactly call it portable. You could throw it in the bed of a truck and tie it down, but it doesn't break down to be smaller. And has a fairly tall profile.

Other than that, it's great. And ordering parts is cheap and easy. I didn't season the grills properly and had to replace them due to rust. The new ones come pre-seasoned, so that's likely not an issue anymore.

Last edited by pira114; 03/05/14.