I just bought the same rifle in RH. You're right about the stock. It looks like it was finished with a wet Lipton tea bag. As single wet Lipton tea bag.

With a bit of help from Bobnob17 (evidently the Serbs aren't too keen on owner's manuals) I took all of the creep out of the trigger but haven't yet adjusted the pull as I want to do a bit of range work first. Nevertheless, unadjusted the trigger is just a tad over 3 pounds. I'll probably wind up leaving it alone, at least until I've run enough rounds through it that it settles down.

But I haven't shot it yet as I'm waiting for bases/rings to come. I'm going to mount a Burris Fullfield 30, 3-9x40, with 3P#4 illuminated reticle in a set of low Warne QD rings on Warne bases. I built a mock-up of the base/ring height and it looks as though the bolt will clear the ocular. I'm not worried at all about the objective.

Yesterday I put the first coat of Timberluxe finish on the stock. The walnut was so dry that it soaked right in. I used a small brush to brush it into the action/barrel inlays, and hand rubbed the rest. But you're right about the wood: there is a nice piece of walnut under that Lipton finish. Too bad about the checkering, though. I'd almost rather it had none at all than, as you put it, "Hurry up, let's go grab a beer." But this is going to be a working rifle, used almost exclusively on wild/feral hogs; which means that it's not going to get particularly babied climbing up and down stands, etc. Anyway, I expect it's going to take several more coats of Timberluxe before everything is sealed and finished. I'll do the range work once I have everything back together.

Oh yes, and this one is in 7x57 as well...number three in the cabinet.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown