Pics are great too.

One of my most prized possesions is the photo album from my Uncle Jeff's(mom's brother) camp. I don't think they had a journal but I have "the book". My dad was part of the camp, mostly to hang out with his BIL's. My Uncle Rick was my dad's best good friend and they did a TON together. Rick was at our house every weekend at 6am wether dad wanted to hunt or not. I ALWAYS wanted to go and was up, dressed, and ready. Most saturdays, dad had to work anyway, so jumped in the chevy and we went to camp to hunt "partridge" and fix stands.

The camp was sold by Jeff in the mid 80's so he could pay for his wedding. (WTF?) That should have been the first signal of an evil woman. Jeff wasn't around there much but was the full owner of the camp. Rick and dad tried to buy it but for some reason Jeff wouldn't sell to them.

I hunted and spent MANY hours in the woods with Rick. He passed from cancer when I was 11. Two months before I turned 12 and could legally hunt in MN. We've been hunting together every years since 1988. He gave me his knive, a Chicago Cuttlery lock back.

If my house burns down... I'm grabbing my kids, that kinve, and "the book". The hell with the rest.

Last edited by tzone; 03/27/14.

Camp is where you make it.