Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by jwp475

It appears that the attitude of some feel that only the perfectly physically and those that never miss the vitals are the only ones that should be allowed to hunt. Freedom and liberty be damed.

I don't think that's the point at all. I think the point most are trying to make is that the braggadocio involved in the posts is rather ridiculous especially in light of the actual events of the hunt in question.

Safariman does tend to write link an advertisement, does that deserve this type of a use?

When he goes off about how only an "ubermagnum" would be capable of the feat, or how a 3/4 pickup had what would total about 17k tons of cable in the bed, or how the entire event was the equivalent of a hunt never to be equaled in the ages, then he brings it on himself. Add in the "problematic" shot placement that would negate the touted "quartering away", the reliance on others to actually kill the bear and then do the work, and then the multiplicitous posting of the same event in multiple forums - each attempting to one up the last and all building upon the flaws of the others, the self-induced misery compounds.

It would also appear that he has developed somewhat of a reputation. That never helps, but I can't speak to that (as I wasn't privy to the events or the incidents).

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.