There have been a few, but even amongst reloaders, the amount of work and equipment costs are often too much for them to bother.

Scott Mayer did an article about .224 bullets made from 22LR cases a few years ago.

http://www.shootingtimes.com/2011/01/04/ammunition_st_223short_200711/

There are several old wive's tales about making bullets that seem to make the rounds on a regular basis - especially 224 bullets from RF cases. It isn't 1930 anymore, but people still think that homemade bullets made from rimfire cases are less accurate than commercial ones. With today's bullet making/prepping equipment, my .224 bullets group with Speer, Sierra, or Hornady stuff. Properly cleaning the brass and completely cleaning the lead cores are important. Technology has made a hugh leap since they first started making bullet jackets using RF cases. Ultrasonic cleaners are a great tool.

There are one or two other reasons this isn't too popular.

Some old timers cannot get past the fact that corrosive priming hasn't been used with RF cases since WWII or before. They insist that corrosive chemicals will line the inside of your rifle barrel. That is rubbish.

Old prejudices die hard. This is perpetuated, in part, by modern technology. Too much wrong information is distributed via the Interwebs by people that have never made any, never shot any, or both.

I am a member at one bullet making site where you'd swear the average age was 12. They love talking about it, and chatter back and forth about the technical stuff, yet have not ordered or received any equipment.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]