Indeed it is.

It certainly depends on how much you shoot, your personal interests and your budget. Some people have expensive hobbies, but bullet making is useful and pays for itself over time. Men like John Nosler, Joyce Hornady, Dick and Vernon Speer demonstrated that with a little thought, you can manufacture good quality bullets and make money too.

More hunters should be making and using home made bullets, and that includes cast.

Originally Posted by mart
Steve,

Thanks for the great pictures and instruction. I got a good chuckle over your tongue in cheek, cup and core commentary. I weary of the frequent bashing of cup and core bullets as if they somehow stopped working once the premiums hit the market.

Thanks again for the great information.

Mart

You�re welcome. New bullet innovations may stretch what we can do with certain cartridges, but not all of us need these techno-wonders. Others should not bother because frankly, they do not have the skills. I have firearms for every animal on the planet. I�ll just pick the cartridge I need and be done with it.

For those that do not have this option, copperized monoterrific or bonded bullets may help. But I think that betting on a mono-lethargic bullet to stretch a rifle�s capabilities is a mistake. Like I tell my students, use the right tool for the job. Marginal cartridges may work better with a monoterrific bullet, but I�ll pass thank you.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]