Don_Martin
This wasnt meant to be the gospel. I know the test I performed were done properly but there may be variables that I havent considered. I used a lot of Partitions and a Hornady may work differently, I just dont know. Different primers with different powders may have an effect also. Could a three land barrel versus an eight land barrel make a difference ? I dont think so but again I dont know. I am curious if a 30 caliber barrel that is .3080 would loose the same speed as a .3085 barel would. Would crimping versus not crimping make a difference ? What about leade angle and freebore ? What would happen with a paper-patched lead bullet ? Boat-tail versus flat-base ? I dont think any of these things will make all that much difference. I think barrels from one to the next will vary more . I have decided that on my own rifles I will use this data for fact but I will let the customer make the decision until I have time to do more testing. Has anyone else tried these things ? If anyone here would know I bet Mr Howell would . Sir, what do you think ?
Charlie

The data and opinions contained in these posts are the results of experiences with my equipment. NO CONCLUSIONS SHOULD BE DRAWN FROM ANY DATA PRESENTED, DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, ATTEMPT TO REPLICATE THESE RESULTSj