Originally Posted by scenarshooter
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
The MOAR reticle is too fine and no one that I am around that has used both prefers it over the standard mil dot for hunting.

If you're getting a NF then get a reticle that offers something for wind. The IHR shouldn't even rate a consideration. I all but hate a standard Mil dot, but it is the best choice for hunting in a compact NF.

S&B makes nothing comparable to the 2.5-10x. NF, and the 42mm has excellent glass. Glass quality is almost purely subjective and has much more to do with personal bias than anything else. Manufacturers KNOW the exact properties of their glass. In any case it's a silly reason to choose a scope, and is generally the purview of amateurs.

S&B's are not what they were with regards to durability and reliability, and are not the "best". There are a whole bunch of military shooters not using their 4k issued S&B's. Despite what some think- zero retention and reliability matter.

BS....you think you know a lot more than you really do. One of my best friends is a Special Forces Sniper Instructor who has been deployed all over the world. His go to scope on his work rifle is a 4-16X50 S&B PMII. I run the same scope on my work rifle, and have for the past six years,(three barrels)without any POI change through all kinds of climatic conditions, from 40*F below to 110*F. And as far as glass quality not making a difference, I disagree completely, the better you can see, the better you can shoot....anyone knows that. Would you rather have 20-15 vision, or 20-20 vision?

But Pat, since we're talking pros and amateurs here, can you turn a mundane elk hunt for a raghorn into an episode of Survivor? The pro's can. wink

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D