Originally Posted by John_Gregori
Originally Posted by dogzapper
During the last ten years that I was able to hunt, I used the standard .25-'06 with 100-grain bullets quite a lot and I never found it lacking ... even for bull elk. And for antelope & mules/whitetail, the .25-'06 is absolutely superb.

In retrospect, I was way too slow to appreciate the .25-'06.

Blessings,

Steve

Please do tell me that you are still blessed to go out, even for a small walk and hunt a little still? Bless you. John.

Hi John,

Karen and I walk about two miles every day, rain or shine.

As far as hunting and shooting, that's pretty much a dream of many past years. I injured my right shoulder while dragging out a Montana antelope for Karen. The surgeons did what the could, but the result is a very weak arm and a shoulder that cannot stand recoil of almost any sort.

I have not chased a further shoulder/arm repair because I have lots of other body parts that are frigged up from horse wrecks and such. And I live so far from any decent hunting that it just isn't worth the effort ... no complaint, just fact.

Hey, my friend, I have lived a hunting and shooting life that was most extraordinary. And it's fine that it has stopped.

Today, I spend lots of time teaching and I never knew that I had that ability. I find that part of my life to be incredibly rewarding. Also, I have lots of e-mails, PMs and such with hunting/handloading questions. It's fun keeping my hand in the gunny world by helping others.

And my blog has taken off beyond all possible expectations. Interestingly, there is a large following that comes from 24HCF folks.

So, my friend, life is good and we're enjoying every single second of it.

All the best,

Steve

PS. I have a blog that will be posted probably next week. It's entitled, "The Story of Stowie." It's one of my favorite writings and you might enjoy it.

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397