I got the Seek Outside Evolution with the 3900 bag, the talon with space inside, and the lid which adds A LOT of space. On summer hunts I can drop the bag and just use the lid and talon for gear. The 3900 bag seems pretty huge to me - I can't see why anyone would need more space. But we do not put meat in the bag either. We use game bags and tuck the meat under the talon (see photo).

And it carries heavy loads really well. I carried a couple of deer and a couple of elk this past fall. One of my loads was in the 160 pound range (for only a 1/2 mile or so thank god).

The Evolution is a really good pack and I've used a lot of different packs. I've used everything from a Bullpak (really BAD suspension but strong), a Kifaru Longhunter hauler (great suspension but fell apart), to a Granite Gear Stratus (amazing pack but heavy), and even a few others but those were the last 3.

I'd go for the evolution over the unaweep for the added versatility.

I am trying to attach a photo of me with an elk front quarter in the pack. In the photo I've dropped the bag - just the lid and talon on the pack. I took out a hindquarter and my gear in the bag on the first load. This photo was taken at the end of the second trip - hence the rack on the other pack (an adapted unaweep).

[Linked Image]

Last edited by pgsalton; 12/31/14.