Thanks Brad, I'm always open to ideas. Lots of very good reviews on the Bora 80. Why did they stop making it? Or, I should ask what did they replace it with in their lineup and why is it not as good? Yes, the pack pictured above did have the weight a bit too far back. Although, the bag attached to the back was mostly bulky but light items such as Mtn House meals. One of my issues was the way the built in scabbard allowed the main bag to pull away from the frame a couple inches. I believe they changed that in later versions though by changing the attachment point of the horizontal compression straps.

My intended use is to haul camp in about 6mi from 8,000' to 10,500' at a total weight of ~50lbs. Then hunting with it only carrying an MRE, game bags, knife(s), water, snacks, small medical kit and possibly rain pants. For that I want it as compressed as possible for moving through the thick timber. Then, if all goes well, hauling out ~230-250lbs of deboned meat and the rack in three trips. Four if I bring the hide out too. That's about all I'm comfortable carrying any meaningful distance at 10,000'+ and countless deadfalls.