Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by eyeball
Win fwt 270 looks good, feels good, shoots good, kills great.

I'm building one right now... Classic SS M70 Fwt (6-digit 1996), McMillan Hnters Edge (on order), PT&G 1-piece bottom metal, X-Low Talley Lwt's, 6x36 Leupold LR, Uncle Mike's Mtn Sling... with 4 rounds down should come in 7-lbs 6-ozs give or take.

Brad;
Good morning to you sir, it's good to see you posting again here at the 'Fire - hopefully you and yours are well this still cold beginning to 2015.

If you're ever feeling in an adventurous mood when starting a build, you might consider a Wildcat Composites stock just for something different.

This one was an honest 21oz without the Decelerator installed and if I'd gone with a lighter pad instead of the Decelerator we could have come in at 23oz including pad and swivel bases.

The Wildcat stocks have a carbon fiber I beam cast into the center of the stock and the two I've worked with were very, very stiff stocks for the weight.

[Linked Image]

It's a push feed, early '80's Featherweight in .270 and the owner wanted me to prime it only as it was going to be gifted to his son and they were going to rattle can the final pattern together.

Although somewhere I do have a photo of the finished product on a scale I can't find it at present somehow Brad. Anyway if we can trust my increasingly faulty memory I want to say it scaled out very close to your 7� lb target.

Anyway just a thought for a "someday" project Brad. All the best to you and yours in 2015.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 01/01/15. Reason: better info

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"