Originally Posted by TheDude
Thats a long list....where do they fall in your hierarchy of scopes?

My very limited experience is with a single SII 3-9x42. I bought one several years ago out of curiosity and was sorely disappointed. To my eye, it was not as sharp, nor as bright as a Redfield Revolution. Eye relief was worse and the eyebox was terrible causing a complete "blackout" with the slightest movement. To me, they are very low in the hierarchy of hunting scopes, but I read plenty of good things about them over and over on the internet so clearly they appeal to some folks.

Perhaps their appeal is with non hunting applications...

I have the exact same scope and have the opposite experience. Maybe eyes, maybe QC? Who knows. My eyes arent even the same day to day.

I like a nice eye box and find no issue with the SII 3-9. I admit mine lives on the low power of that range.

The SII are a heck of a lot better than the SI, which I didnt like. When the sightrons go on sale they are a terrific value IMO.

While its not a scope, my sightron 8x32 binos have been the best bang for the buck of nearly ANY product i have purchased in recent memory. Outstanding for the price.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.