Originally Posted by JGRaider
I look at Sightron like I do Vortex and Minox. No real advantage to anything they make over other brands that are already proven in the field. I've guided, or helped guide over 100 hunters in the past 11-12 years and I've never seen the first Sightron, Vortex, Nikon, or Minox rifle scope show up in camp.

Of the brands you mention here, I would absolutely, unequivocally, trust Sightron to track better than the rest.

I shoot with 2 guys who use 8-32x56 Sightron. Another guy has the 60X model. Myself and the president of our club run 8-32x56 NF NXS. I have looked through both SxS.

I would say the Sightron compares very favorably to the NXS for the price. Is it as good overall? No. Is it as tough? Probably not. But given the results obtained in multiple matches, a couple of the guys have done very well with them. I'm talking lots of rounds, over a period of years without a hitch. They seem to be repeatable and the glass certainly isn't bad. Given the price point of these 32X scopes, I can't come up with a high powered variable I would consider better for the same price. Or something that I would trust more if forced to buy something other than what I already use. I would have to consider them a bargain, much like my Weaver micro-trac target scopes. Granted, my experience with them is somewhat limited.

The SS I had tracked well also, but had "issues". But it would still also get consideration for the price.

That said, for "serious" shooting, the only scopes I currently run are fixed power Mark 4s, NF NXS, and fixed power micro-trac Weavers. All are consistently repeatable.

Other than a rimfire scope, I have no experience with Sightron hunting scopes.

Just my 2¢......