Originally Posted by 2muchgun

I would say the Sightron compares very favorably to the NXS for the price. Is it as good overall? No. Is it as tough? Probably not. But given the results obtained in multiple matches, a couple of the guys have done very well with them.

I would agree with this. I have a Nightforce 8-32x56 NXS MOAR and a Sightron 8-32x56 LRMOA so I can compare them side by side. The glass in the Nightforce is slightly better but not by a whole lot, the Sightron's is certainly decent. They both track perfectly so no complaints on either there. The Nightforce is probably tougher but I haven't broken either so can't say for sure. It does feel better built. I'm not particularly fond of sightron's method of zeroing the turrets but it's adequate. The Nightforce reticle is illuminated and the Sightron isn't, but I never turn on the illumination anyway. The big difference is the lack of a zero stop on the Sightron which I really wish it had. All turret scopes should come with a zero stop standard in my opinion.

I like the Nightforce better but it cost 2.5X as much as the Sightron. I don't like it 2.5X as much though.