I don’t recall if it was Patrick McManus, Ed Zern or perhaps Gene Hill that warned us about what happens if you leave guns in a dark safe. They multiply at an alarming rate!

[Linked Image]

Frankly, I blame the campfire. 15 years ago I was perfectly happy shooting stuff with a Win M70 .243 my dad had given me! You people are a bad influence (in the best possible way)

[Linked Image]

The Fort Knox I have I bought more than 25 years ago and I think it was a 12 gun safe. Over time I took the shelves out and inserted some new configs to allow more but I was pretty much done and guns that should be in the safe we now in cases and spread around the house.

[Linked Image]

Friend Jorge, with the same problem, pointed this http://www.storemoreguns.com company out a couple weeks ago so I counted poorly and ordered the 20-gun set ($75)

It’s essentially sheet of the loop side of Velcro you staple to the bottom of the shelf and then a series of .22 rods that a disk with the hook side you slide into the barrel and hook to the bottom of the shelf.

[Linked Image]

As you can see, it works great and the 12 gun safe now holds 24 with room for at least a half dozen more (time to get busy!). 32 percussion no longer fits since I filled in the insert in the shelf that allowed very long barrels so I’ll just have to let VANimrod make me and offer I can’t refuse (hear that Sean!)

As you can see, I ran over 20 so cut a disk from a dowel and drilled and inserted and then stuck some Velcro on the end. In fact, you could make this whole set-up for far less than $75 but I have to give the folks that put it together credit for ingenuity and marketing it so I don’t feel like I wasted the money.

[Linked Image]

A nice couple hour project including oiling and checking out guns that don’t get out of the safe much as well as catching up with documenting serial numbers and such.

[Linked Image]

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated