Every year I say "time to be done building & focus my energies on hunting the rifles I have" and every year I find inspiration here to build anyway.

I just picked up a Remington-built 03-A3 action & Herters stock for a fantastic price on the Nosler site. Got a brand new #2 contour barrel from GB chambered for .338 Win Mag and threaded for my action CHEAP, a line on a milled BM, and will get a chapman safety from Brownells soon. I love it when a plan comes together!!

I'm putting finishing touches on the metal on two; my Steyr LR Swede & my son's Turk Bob, and really hoping that an SR Mexican 98 in 7x57 started in 09 that needs a little stock work can be completed.

I am also planning to refinish one stock whose factory finish is thinning on the cheek piece, but that won't require any assistance from a gunsmith.

I empathize; its a great year for no builds! Of course I'm heading out west for a few days to hunt and couldn't do any more if I wasn't building, so I can rationalize it that way smile !!

Seems that you're in good company crazy !!