Originally Posted by RDFinn
Now THAT is one frickin sweet rig. Always liked those HS actions and their barrels are excellent too. It that a CeraKote finish or Black-T ?

Seems HS puts one finish on the exterior, another in the action. I'll have to research it, don't remember the specifics.

They do make their barrels in house, cut rifling as I understand. HS barrels look very good thru the Hawkeye borescope, not too unlike Brux, Krieger, etc. And they shoot about as well. I understand they also make pressure testing barrels for bullet and powder companies.

HS even builds their own trigger in house. It's all steel and has cut outs so everything is in the open and can be seen. Sorta the best of both worlds, a Remington type trigger, but with parts exposed, like the old M-70.

I researched the .240 thoroughly, ran a bunch of load combos thru this gun until I found the "sweet" load, which is a 100 gr. NPT over MRP with 210 Fed. That load is sub half inch at 400 yds., using brass made from .25-06 W/W cases with a special CH4D die.

That process was covered on an earlier Fire post. I'll find the link if you're interested.

DF