Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
They are an invasive vermin. You DO NOT want them to "gain" a little traction around your parts.

Rancho;
Good evening to you sir, hopefully the weekend treated you and yours well.

I'm definitely on the same page as you on the subject of porcine invaders - they are bad, BAD news.

We had a small population escape from a farm a couple valleys to the east of us and I've heard of a single hog being shot in our valley but a couple hours north.

As they're classed as an invasive species here in BC there's no bag limit and no closed season, however we're not allowed to spotlight them.

The folks who've said they won't last in extreme cold should know there's a small population that's been a growing problem in east central Saskatchewan - where they're no stranger to winter and it can last from Halloween until way past Easter.....

They're pretty anti hog there too - I've been given to understand that they're mainly able to survive in coulees or thick enough brush that can't be accessed via snowmobile.

Anyway we're doing our best in two provinces to exterminate them all, but only time will tell if we're successful or not.

All the best to you and yours this week Rancho.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"