Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Think I'll take my savage bolt action 20ga to a sporting clays shoot. And after I get my ass kicked i'll bitch about how the competition wasnt using real hunting guns..or maybe it was the wal mart federals i was shooting, or maybe the poly choke wasnt adjusted correctly.

this shidt makes about as much sense as a soup sandwich.

GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
I'm not bitching at all... I'm the one who shot the match.... I didn't see you there. I pretty much told it like it is... including copping to fhugking some stuff up.

If you read the post.... you'd see that we were talking about a hunting rifle side pot.... that's what spurned the equipment weight debate.

If you can shoot an 8-9lb gun and shoot the kinda scores guys running the game guns do... then you're the baddest dude on the planet.... like Ric. I'll gladly pay the $20 side-pot entry to see it..... whatcha bringing to shoot?

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There is absolutely no correlation between the weight of a competitor's rifle and his score in this game.

There is absolutely no correlation between the accuracy of a competitor's rifle and his score in this game.

There is absolutely no correlation between the cost of a competitor's rifle and his score in this game.

For someone to conclude that there is simply shows a need to gain more experience.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Since you just stepped on your dick...... again.... with the mass hypocracy..... I'll bring the RAR.... you can shoot it... shouldn't be a problem since cost/accuracy/weight mean nothing to you....

Or you going to shoot a top 5-10 score with your 7lb gun (that still costs thousands)?

again.... I really can't wait to see it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
OTOH, there are factors where direct correlations exist generally

There is direct correlation between verified drop data and competitor's final score

There is direct correlation between projectile BC and final scores (that's why the only sub class that exists is ".308")

There is direct correlation between proper functioning equipment and competitor's final score

There is direct correlation between the shooter's ability to dope wind and final score

There is direct correlation between shooting form and the competitor's final score.

The above factors fall into the category of "doing the work" necessary to succeed. There is another intangible that is a big factor in the equation

There is direct correlation between natural ability and competitor's final scores.

The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
then you shouldn't mind running dog's RAR, if it ain't all about the gun.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wouldn't run any gun with a scope that is questionable, loose base screws and with drop data that was a guess no matter how expensive it was or how much it weighs and have high expectations

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
I think you're full of schitt Ric..... seriously. I hand you your 7lb gun.... and your scores will suffer.... you know it, and I know it. there's a reason why EVERYBODY there is shooting heavy guns.... it ain't because 'weight doesn't matter'.

You need to be in politics..... because you side-step your contradictions and direct evidence to the contrary better than any Democrat I've ever seen.

Weight doesn't matter...... accuracy doesn't matter..... equipment doesn't matter..... says the dude shooting the $8000 15lb full-custom .300 Winny.

You sure have let your mouth write a pretty big check..... the only way I see it EVER getting cashed... is you shooting a top 5 score with your "lightweight" rig.... after all, you said none of that schitt matters.... we ALL hear you talking.... now I'm sure we ALL can't wait to see it.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I could pick up Huntsman on the way. Would be kinda fun.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Here's an idea Ric.....

Take $1000..... that's your entire budget.

Go buy a factory rifle....

Go buy a scope....

Go buy mounting hardware....

Go buy 100 rounds of factory ammo...

You shoot a 50+ with it..... and I'll buy it from you for $1500

You shoot a sub-45 with it.... and I get to buy it for $500.... or, you can keep it.... and shoot the next match wearing a pink Tu-Tu and T-Shirt that says "I talked WAY too much Schitt".

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
There is absolutely no correlation between the weight of a competitor's rifle and his score in this game.

There is absolutely no correlation between the accuracy of a competitor's rifle and his score in this game.

There is absolutely no correlation between the cost of a competitor's rifle and his score in this game.

For someone to conclude that there is simply shows a need to gain more experience.

Originally Posted by rcamuglia
OTOH, there are factors where direct correlations exist generally

There is direct correlation between verified drop data and competitor's final score

There is direct correlation between projectile BC and final scores (that's why the only sub class that exists is ".308")

There is direct correlation between proper functioning equipment and competitor's final score

There is direct correlation between the shooter's ability to dope wind and final score

There is direct correlation between shooting form and the competitor's final score.

The above factors fall into the category of "doing the work" necessary to succeed. There is another intangible that is a big factor in the equation

There is direct correlation between natural ability and competitor's final scores.

I can't understand why you think simply stating FACTS is talking "Schitt".

Are you seriously saying that a guy shooting a $15,000 custom rifle package that weighs 20 pounds that is capable of shooting in one hole repeatedly at 1000 yards WHO CAN'T READ WIND will win?

Same guy and equipment but hasn't verified his drop data will win?

Same guy and equipment who has poor shooting form, flinches and jerks the trigger, will win?

You seem to think that you can BUY a magic setup that guarantees success and consistency regardless of who is doing the shooting. Sorry, it's just not the case.

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Did you win that match before..... or after... building your Gamer .300?

If it doesn't matter..... why does EVERYBODY shoot a heavy rifle.

Put you money/ego/rep on the line and shoot your light gun. For a guy who shoots the biggest and best.... you sure have painted the picture that none of it matters.

What I'm hearing you say is: it doesn't matter what equipment you shoot (even though you've had numerous posts where you stated the contrary, and run a full-custom rig), it doesn't matter what it weighs (even though you shoot a gamer gun, and built a light rifle that "is more accurate"), it doesn't matter how accurate it is (even though I've got a dozen "group pics" from you).

You in to shoot the RAR.... build a sub-$k set-up and shoot it on a bet..... or win with your "lightweight" rig?

If none of the above.... then you're dismissed.... and we'll all know you're just talking schitt.

You remind me of the "street racers" who pull up to race with their "street car" on a trailer. Big block, three kits, big slicks, running airplane fuel..... talking schitt to the guy in a Mustang who actually drives his street car to race.... then drives it home. "It's not about horsepower or specialized equipment"...... It's about the driver..... Yeah, right.

All I hear is you bumping gums man. I had the sack to actually do this, and then report honestly about it. All while trying to help my girl shoot the match too.... with rifles that is owned about a week. You've been nothing but a condescending azzhole on the whole thing, even though you were great guy and patient with her during the match. I'd love to see you put together a rig that anyone, anywhere, anytime could pick-up with less than a weeks pay...

At the end of the day, I don't give a fhugk about the RAR.... it was an experiment. i never expected it to hang.... I didn't expect it to go tits-up either... but that was my fault. I'll shoot it again.... and I know it can hang with other sub-8lb rifles.... any of them. Bring one.... and we'll find out.... unless you're ego is as big as your Game Gun.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Higher quality equipment minimizes the sort of variables that you can control by spending $$. More $$ spent wisely equals a greater impact on those variables that you can control.

The variables that you can't control, such as wind, don't impact all competitors equally 'cause Mother Nature is first and foremost a Mother to all. Money can't minimize the impact of Mother, only skill, practice, and luck can do that.

Or so it seems to me.

If you step up to the challenge that you've been offered, you can defend you position, if you feel confident that your skill will trump the variable that you can't address with $$.

Heck, if I'm free, I'd drive down to "the little mouse" to see you shoot the $1,000 package match. I'll even buy you a beer afterward, win or lose.

I'm guessing that $1,000 budget would break down something like this:

$400 for an RAR-P in 6.5 Creed (maybe a little less, as small dealer HS is currently $330ish)
$350 for a scope
$050 for a base and rings
$200 for factory ammo, 100 rounds for practice and 100 round for real

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I'm going to shoot it with the CZ 452.

I'd lose with any of them.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'd like to shoot it with my CTR or my 22-250.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Can't go .22-250, 6mm minimum.... unless shooting an AR in .223.

3200fps is the max.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

George Digweed

24 World Championships, 18 European Championships, 116 International Championships, 16 World Cups, 10 European Cups, 11 British and English Championships.

John Griswold

Last three finishes at the Steel Safari were 2013 Champion, 2014 Runner-up, 2015 Champion

[Linked Image]

Each have 73 career PGA tour wins, one has a record 18 Majors.

Do you think any of these guys above are using some kind of magic equipment, shells, clubs etc...

Or is it possible that they're just better than everybody else because they did their homework and have better natural ability than most everyone on the face of the planet?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Can't go .22-250, 6mm minimum.... unless shooting an AR in .223.

3200fps is the max.

WTF kinda commie lovin' schit is that?

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I like the name digweed. That'd be a good user name.

Digweed

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
I guarantee you they are using 100% custom equipment.... precisely swing weighted, specific lengths, custom lie and face angles. Would they whip my ass running clubs from Walmart? Hell yeah.... Would they win a major.... or even make the cut.... I seriously doubt it. But feel free to continue speculating... and making an ass outta yourself.

We're any of the referenced guys placing in matches shooting sub-10lb guns.... or factory guns.... or factory ammo.... or a set-up costing sub-$5k. I bet the answers are No, No, and No.

I noticed you failed to answer the question again.... again... Why did you build multiple game guns? Did your scores improve?

Keep talking.... and not committing.... shows your true colors.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (06hunter59, 1badf350, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,638 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,951
Posts18,519,264
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.