Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 21 22
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Look, you all know I am pro-police, but if a cop has most of us pulled over than asks me, what's wrong, you seem irritated", well, I'm betting 90% of us here would respond with "WTF do you think is wrong officer, why do you suppose I am irritated?"

I'm betting 90% would like to think they would, and post that they would, but I doubt it.

Just keep going into every situation like they are out to [bleep] with you and you will get a self fulfilling prophecy.

I'm trying to figure out how I got stopped by a total [bleep] once for a total bullshit reason, and still made it out of the ordeal without getting my ass beat, tazed, killed, and body cavity searched.

Oh, wait, I remember, I wasn't a dick.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
Look, you all know I am pro-police, but if a cop has most of us pulled over than asks me, what's wrong, you seem irritated", well, I'm betting 90% of us here would respond with "WTF do you think is wrong officer, why do you suppose I am irritated?"

I'm betting 90% would like to think they would, and post that they would, but I doubt it.

Just keep going into every situation like they are out to [bleep] with you and you will get a self fulfilling prophecy.

I'm trying to figure out how I got stopped by a total [bleep] once for a total bullshit reason, and still made it out of the ordeal without getting my ass beat, tazed, killed, and body cavity searched.

Yes or no, did the officer escalate the situation?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Tapeworm, you just don't realize how badly cops like you are presently needed in Ferguson and Baltimore. Just think of all the problems that could have been averted had you only been there!

You and Ole DINK as patrol partners would make a pair.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE

Which one? The one about the OP or in my example?

Either way, no.

Frankly, the Texas cop had the authority to arrest her in Texas for a moving violation, so, no, he did not.

Perhaps a strict application of the statute, but it appears he was within his authority to do so.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by RWE

Which one? The one about the OP or in my example?

Either way, no.

Frankly, the Texas cop had the authority to arrest her in Texas for a moving violation, so, no, he did not.

Perhaps a strict application of the statute, but it appears he was within his authority to do so.

I'm talking about Sarah Bland, and I did not ask if it was legal, I asked if he escalated the problem?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ringworm, why were you fired?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Go back to the video. Watch from 2:00 to 2:50.

He comes back and asks "Are you all right Ma'am?" (professional)

She replies, "I'm just waiting on you. it' your job".

Coop: "You seem irritated"

Lady " I AM irritated. I see you coming up fast behind me and I moved over out of your way and you pulled me over, so yes, I'm am a little irritated but that doesn't stop you from giving me a ticket."

silence for 8 seconds

Cop: "Are you done?"

Lady" "You asked me what's wrong and I told you. So yeah, I'm done".

Cop: "You mind putting out your cigarette, please" (strident tone)

Lady: "Why? I'm in my own car. I don't have to put out my cigarette in my own car."

Cop: "Well You can step on out now".

Either we have to assume that officer was asking for the cigarette to be put out so he could arrest her, or he was being a d!ckwad and only made the decision to arrest after she refused to put out her cigarette.

Up until the cigarette comment, this cop had no reason (that can be seen) for placing her under arrest. He asked her why she was irritated and she very cogently and clearly stated why she was irritated. Evidently her reason (quoted above) was enough to get her arrested for..... what? Failing to signal when moving away from a fast-moving cruiser? Failing to put out her cigarette? She did resist, but not until AFTER he asked her to get out of the car. In fairness, once a cop asks you to get out of your car, get out of your car. Unfortunately this routine stop should have never, EVER gotten to that point. And that is all on the officer. People aren't happy when they get pulled over. It's part of the job.

Many police department have the motto "To serve and protect". Not really sure where this incident fits in.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think apathy is the best de-escalation technique. If I pull somebody over I want them to see in my eyes that nobody on earth cares less about their explanation or excuse or how their day is going than me. The ONLY thing I care about is ending my conversation with them as quickly as possible.

I'm not rude. I'm not friendly. I just don't care. And I've found that when people realize how little you care they're much less likely to hassle you.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
He "served" her a citation. That's where it comes in.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I never wrote tickets, except at wrecks. They either got a friendly warning or a trip. It all depended on them.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B3

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy

Up until the cigarette comment, this cop had no reason (that can be seen) for placing her under arrest.

Geez.

According to info previously posted in this thread, by a Texas resident, but not yet confirmed by an LEO, you can be arrested for a non speeding traffic infraction in Texas.

Warnings are discretionary, as are tickets apparently.

So, if that information is true, he had reason, and changed his mind after the lip.

She did not comply then with a lawful order to gtfo.

If it is not true regarding the arrest issue, than I apologize for being an ass.

But damn...

Pat Powell is one crap stirring mofo

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Right, and I don't care about lectures, explanations, or anything else of your business. Shut up, write the ticket, and send me on my way. I can afford it and it won't go on my record anyway. It is simply another cost imposed by whatever government happens to be robbing people in that vicinity.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Every traffic violation in the State of Texas is an arrest-able offense, with the exception of speeding and open-container. Refusal to sign the citation for either is cause for arrest.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Every traffic violation in the State of Texas is an arrest-able offense, with the exception of speeding and open-container. Refusal to sign the citation for either is cause for arrest.

Thank you.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Right, and I don't care about lectures, explanations, or anything else of your business. Shut up, write the ticket, and send me on my way. I can afford it and it won't go on my record anyway. It is simply another cost imposed by whatever government happens to be robbing people in that vicinity.

...and a warning obviously wouldn't help you stop whatever you were stopped for.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Good thing that people in my town are not ticketed for not using their signals, the cops would have writers cramp.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So, if that information is true, he had reason, and changed his mind after the lip.

He asked for the lip.

He noticed she was perturbed, I'm sure many people he writes up are perturbed, give her the warning or write her a ticket instead if you don't like her demeanor, but you don't need to escalate the encounter. I have to wonder if he prods every person he notices is upset with being pulled over?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by JoeBob

...and a warning obviously wouldn't help you stop whatever you were stopped for.

Nope, not at all. If you choose to write one, great. If not, so be it. Driving at a reasonable speed of my choosing is worth a ticket now and then if I so choose. I'm an adult, I don't need lectures or lip.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

He asked for the lip.

He noticed she was perturbed, I'm sure many people he writes up are perturbed, give her the warning or write her a ticket instead if you don't like her demeanor, but you don't need to escalate the encounter. I have to wonder if he prods every person he notices is upset with being pulled over?

whatever.

You see, the fact that it is so important to YOU to press your argument on just a fraction of the facts, undermines your opinion as unbiased, instead it is one that is born of an agenda.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy

Up until the cigarette comment, this cop had no reason (that can be seen) for placing her under arrest.

Geez.

According to info previously posted in this thread, by a Texas resident, but not yet confirmed by an LEO, you can be arrested for a non speeding traffic infraction in Texas.

Warnings are discretionary, as are tickets apparently.

She did not comply then with a lawful order to gtfo.

If it is not true regarding the arrest issue, than I apologize for being an ass.

But damn...

Pat Powell is one crap stirring mofo

The issue isn't whether an officer CAN arrest someone for any traffic violation, whether they DO arrest people for minor traffic violations. Ask any cop on here. The "You didn't signal when changing lanes stop" is done to quickly check for DUI or outstanding warrants/suspended licenses. 99% of the time they won't write a ticket and won't even bother to write a warning. I'm betting they don't arrest people for minor traffic violations. I'd really like to see the arrest report on this one. And seriously, why would any cop with a brain want to give himself the extra work to write up a full arrest report on the gal that wouldn't put out her cigarette and was irritated".

I just found the incident report. The cop reported nothing before him removing her from the vehicle.

https://twitter.com/deray/status/623607865899634688/photo/1

He claims he "had her exit the vehicle to continue a safe vehicle investigation"

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Page 4 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (222Sako, 219 Wasp, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 264mag, 12344mag, 64 invisible), 2,041 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,075
Posts18,521,731
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.