Hop To
Page 6 of 22 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 21 22
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RWE
Pat, you throw one hell of a party!

Why are you picking on me? laugh

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
That whole incident was 97% the cop's fault. Just because you wear a badge it doesn't give you license to act like a COCK.

A good officer uses finesse as much as possible.

------------------------------

The APE

"But resist we much...we must...and we will much...about...that...be committed." - the "Reverend" Al Sharpton
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by RickyD

It was only when she questioned why she should have to put her cigarette out in her own car, that he ordered her to step out. So, is it illegal to smoke in one's own car while speaking with a cop? I don't smoke, so I've never had that experience, and don't know.

I used to have them put them out as a predecessor to having them step out of their cars.

All you need is to have one lit cigarette hit you in the face to get that procedure down quick.

Otherwise, I didn't care if they smoked...
Since he was handing his ticket book to her to sign, I doubt he was going to have her step out until she questioned his request to put out her cigarette. At that point, he appeared to lose rationality. He may need a new career path.

after watching the video that'd pretty much be my take on it as well.

I would think it's in the officers right to request to extinguish smoking materials. Second hand smoke, yada, yada drifting right up in his face. And yes I'm a smoker, I'd probably extinguish it before the officer approached but certainly would if asked to do so.

but when she gave him lip about it, he kinda lost it. With only a year on the job it's understandable to me, I don't know this, but from my interaction with LEO it seems training dictates they take control of interaction with civilians.

And often times there's probably good reason for such, if you don't allow a situation to escalate it's better for everyone involved.

I thought he did great until the deal over the cig. At that point (hindsite being 20/20) he probably should have showed her the warning, tore it up, then wrote her the citation and gone on with his life.

still think she should have seen Chris Rock's video though

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Fox just reported she had attempted suicide once before....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't talk to people who are smoking. It gives me a headache. I politely ask them to put it out because it gives me a headache. If they don't, I just leave. They can call back when they're done smoking and wait for me to return.

If it's on a traffic stop, same / same. They can sign the ticket or put out the cigarette. But I won't answer your questions and listen to your gripes while you smoke.

Same with a filthy house. I told a lady, "I'm sorry, but we'll have to talk outside. Your house smells awful."

And dirty people. "Pardon me if I don't shake. But no thank you."

It's not complicated. I'm utterly professional with everyone. But I won't give myself a headache, or gag and have my uniform smell bad, or touch your hands you haven't washed in a week. If that's a deal breaker, you can wait for another cop to show up.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
IC B2

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Wonder what white cop interaction triggered that one?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by RWE
Facing the prospect that she was not physically murdered, she simply fell victim to the oppression of whitey and took her own life.

Isn't anyone in control of their own actions anymore?

Kent Greenfield explains it all for you.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Myth-Choice-Personal-Responsibility/dp/0300169868

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
About the author (of the OP):

Ajamu Baraka is a veteran activist, organizer, and an editor and columnist for Black Agenda Report.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
There was another recent incident where a dash cam video showed a male LEO repeatedly hitting a black girl in the face with his fist. When the full story came out, a black female officer tried to break up a fight, the girl had her by the neck and was choking her, the male officer tried to pull her hands off his partner's neck, and when he couldn't get her to let go, he pummeled her to save his partner.

Chris Rock probably wasn't the only black who knew better than to fight the police, but now doing so makes them a hero.

Notice in the video from the jail it was a black female officer who found Sandra Bland unconscious in the cell.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This thread don't meet my criteria for posting.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It doesn't matter, it's as good as murder at this point.
"Cigarette out, don't shoot"

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Right, and I don't care about lectures, explanations, or anything else of your business. Shut up, write the ticket, and send me on my way. I can afford it and it won't go on my record anyway. It is simply another cost imposed by whatever government happens to be robbing people in that vicinity.

That's absolutely respectable. ADA's don't get ticketed very frequently anyway.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Barkoff

So arresting someone is now likened to shooting them?

And the trooper gets the blame because he arrested her? Even though she was turned over to the county jail where she evidently killed herself?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by ringworm
Being stopped by the state trooper for failing to signal a lane change?
Really?
REALLY?
In Texas? State troopers have nothing better to do than make traffic stops for not using a turn signal changing lanes?
Just...WOW!
WHAT BUIICHIT!
Forget that she was giving way to his vehicle coming up behind her...
So when he gets to her car she's smoking and he tells her to put it out...inside her own vehicle.
When she protest he pulls out a taser.
Amazing.

Bullschit?

A standard formula I used for years doing criminal interdiction is this:

A high volume of legal traffic stops. Turn signal violations, equipment violations, speed violations, etc.

Stop and talk to the person. Advise why they were stopped.

If they are members of the innocent motoring public, get them back on the road as fast as possible w/o any tickets, written warnings, nothing. That takes too much time that you could be spending on a high probability stop.

Continue to make legal traffic stops until you find the one that has indicators of possible trafficking or other criminal activity. Then take your time interviewing, then conducting the investigation/drug seizure.

A high volume of legal traffic stops. In fact I had to compile my stats for a class one time, and I discovered I wrote citations approximately 2% of my stops, with 98% verbal warnings.

This high volume of legal stops that you call "bullschit" resulted in over 3 MILLION dollars worth of narcotics seizures in roughly 5 years time.

"BS" traffic stops net a whole hell of a lot of narcotics/stolen weapons/stolen property/felony warrants/ etc, etc and serious criminal activity intercepted. BS traffic stops have resulted in a lot of very bad people getting caught.

Charleston Church shooting suspect and murderer of 9 innocent people Dylann Roof was caught due to a "BS" traffic stop.

Oklahoma bomber Timothy McVeigh (killed 168 people and injured more than 500) was caught due to a "BS" random traffic stop.

Three members of the Syrian Social Nationalist Party (Walid Nicolas Kabbani, Georges Fouad Nicolas Younan, and Walid Majib Mourad) were stopped in Vermont on a "BS" traffic stop.

They were smuggling a bomb from Canada to the United States.

Peter William Sutcliffe, a serial killer was caught on a "BS" random traffic stop . Sutcliffe was convicted of murdering 13 women and attempting to murder seven others.

I could go on and on with examples...

What some call BS stops others call proactive police work.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I'm thinking he's means it doesn't matter to the libs. She was a radical liberal from the NE that died in Texas after being arrested. That's all they need for a scumfest. It's just a shame that a prestigious institution of higher learning like Prairie View A&M has to start the process of replacing her.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Why did the cop return to the drivers side after taking several minutes to check her out? Why not the passenger side again? Maybe he had it in his mind to drag her out?

What information was he given about her during his check?

LOL
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
When I started with the Highway Patrol, my Sergeant gave me a piece of advice that has stood me in good stead these many years. He said "When you make a traffic stop, you have two options. You can either write 'em up or you can give 'em a lecture. BUT, don't ever do both! Wise man.

Jim

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Don't put too much into this. The minute we have to threaten any kind of force to get somebody to comply, they are going to jail. How fast and hard depends on them.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Barkoff

So arresting someone is now likened to shooting them?

And the trooper gets the blame because he arrested her? Even though she was turned over to the county jail where she evidently killed herself?

I think he is comparing the "she was murdered" narrative that the family is pushing to the lie that Michael Brown had his hands up when he was shot.

Even after it was proven to be a lie, the race baiters are still using the hands up don't shoot BS.

If she had tried suicide before I bet the family knew about it. The family is on record as saying she wouldn't do that and had no history of such.
They have their agenda version to push and they're sticking to it.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yeah, I see that now.

With some of the posts in this thread, things can be confused with what people seriously post. wink

BTW, Texas DPS doesn't have a "quota" for tickets. But they DO want to know you are out there working traffic. They don't tell you who or what to write. That is officer discretion. So is the warning tickets. They get the same credit for a warning ticket as they do a full citation.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 6 of 22 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

98 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 2500HD, 35, 10gaugemag, 16 invisible), 1,607 guests, and 918 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,943
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.