Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by Kenneth
When did smoking cigs inside your own vehicle become illegal?

Was that one of the charges?

It must of been,

The cig was sure the catalyst, Amazing how cops think they can say or demand whatever they want when ever they want.

Nothing personal Pat, but LEO's keep proving what I've always believed,

Most LEO's are nothing more than control freaks.

The cig was not the catalyst, the catalystwas her failing to exit the vehicle when demanded. The request to put out the ciGwas a precursor to arrest

I just watched the video all the way through. The officer told the woman to put out the cigarette. She said no. He then said okay then step out of the car which she refused to do. So it does seem to this layman that the cigarette was the catalyst because things sure went down hill fast after that.

Serious question. Is there not an intermediate step between a warning ticket and going storm trooper in cases like this? Seems to me that when the woman refused to put out the cigarette he could have wrote her up for failure to signal and then for something else....akin to disrespect to a lawman or failure to obey an order. If she kept mouthing off, he could have kept writing.

The cop in the video looked real bad to me. Yes, the woman was stupid but the way she was treated seemed over the top.

Had it been me I would have waited until her rant was over, the. Written her wvery ticket I could justify..handed her the stack of them and with a smile tell her To have a great afternoon

But i get tired of the whole" you're my employee "schtick

And I'm under no obligation to listen to your rant.

I did a lot of warrant work. And a lot of them were traffic ticket warrants for failure to appear, failure to pay fines and such. We had the option of accpeting payment as either acknowledgement of guilt and disposition of the offense, or as collateral and a choice of hearing date, or we could arrest them and arraign them.

Most of the time it was less time consuming to just accept payment, hand them a receipt and be on my way, better yet call them and tell them to get their azz to the court and take care of the warrant or I would come give them a ride to the judge.

Occasionally an arrest was required,
One I remember was a /4 year old woman who had failed to pay her arranged fine payments for disorderly conduct. Her payment was five dollars ($5.00) monthly.

When I served the warrant and explained what I was there for she immediately went off on me about what the fugg did I expect her to do, she was an unemployed single mother, her boyfriend was unemployed and she didn't get child support

Yet a quick glance around her appartment yielded an Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, new flatscreen tv(55 inch) new desk top, new lap top, a new Iphone, and 8-10 cases of beer and 4 cartons of smokes.

I replied to ther that I didn't much care either way what she did, but the court expected her to keep her agreement, and that since she had a problem with that Agreement that she was going to have the opportunity to explain it to the judge that day.

She then informed me that she had her child so there was no Way I could legally arrest her

Any guesses how that played out for her?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by eyeball
Hey, bleck lives matter. Get it.
... You always come off like the bigoted, prejudiced, moron you are every time you open your pie hole here. You epitomize the grumpy old white guy image of the typical Republican that America hates these days. Idiot.

Well, Blackheart finally posted something intelligent and accurate.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 4ager
... You always come off like the bigoted, prejudiced, moron you are every time you open your pie hole here. You epitomize the grumpy old white guy image of the typical Republican that America hates these days. Idiot.

Well, even blind squirrels occasioannly find nuts

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Well, even blind squirrels occasioannly find nuts

Pun there...

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Why, Sean what ever do you mean

Eyeball is ok, he's just from Texas

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The doc may be "okay", but he posts more bigoted, racist, hate-filled schit daily than anyone else and the later in the day it gets the worse the subject matter, the syntax, the grammar, and the composition of the tirades.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Eyeballs cheese may be tilted off the cracker, but he's a good cracker.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner
It cost nothing to incarcerate a prisoner? To prosecute them? You don't think there will be a lawsuit?

Do you believe the cops actions were warranted? Not just legal, but warranted? Would you of handled it in a similar manner?

Texas DPS officers used to be among the best at professional behavior, even with unruly people.

Then they started hiring lots of minorities and women.

In any DPS stop you have the right to refuse to sign the ticket and go before the judge [usually a J P].

IF you make the request politely, the Trooper may allow you to drive to the nearest one and follow you in.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
The issue of signing tickets has always confused me. The ticket has been issued. In our case, "you" have 30 days to deal with it. If you don't.....default "guilty". Why the hell would I bother waiting for/dealing with someone to sign?

George

Last edited by NH K9; 07/24/15.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NH K9
The issue of signing tickets has always confused me. The ticket has been issued. In our case, "you" have 30 days to deal with it. If you don't.....default "guilty". Why the hell would I bother waiting for/dealing with someone to sign?

George

I think that the "ticket" charges you with a crime. Signing it is a promise to appear before the Judge named on the ticket to answer for your "crime".

It relieves the Officer of his duty to arrest you and book you into the jail.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B3

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

The doc may be "okay", but he posts more bigoted, racist, hate-filled schit daily than anyone else and the later in the day it gets the worse the subject matter, the syntax, the grammar, and the composition of the tirades.

Sorty, i was trying to teach that ingwe retard that black lives matter. Its white lives that dont.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

Everything I post is intelligent and accurate. It could be no other way and anyone incapable of seeing that is a simpleton.

Last edited by Blackheart; 07/24/15.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Who is that screams 'black lives matter'.

I learnt it and profess it, bro.

Seems Mz Bland is the one who didnt believe it.

Last edited by eyeball; 07/24/15.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by NH K9
Hell, maybe HE killed her.......
I doubt he's smart enough to figure out how to kill a fly.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
BH, i think the cop badgered her into doing something he could arrest her for and wanted the cig out to arrest her. I hopr the truth results in his disposition.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
BH, i think the cop badgered her into doing something he could arrest her for and wanted the cig out to arrest her. I hopr the truth results in his disposition.
Agreed on that for sure.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
BH, you seem to be pissed at me because Im "racist". I disagree. I save more free glaucoma, antiinflammatory and antibiotic meds for my poor black patients than i do my more well to do white patients, but im betting while you are pissed at me you overlook blacks running this nation into a financial abyss for Obama phones and EBT cards.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I don't overelook that at all and it pizzes me off too.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Pat!

Is your stringer full yet? laugh

Biting pretty good today. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 17 of 22 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

510 members (1minute, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 219DW, 12344mag, 222ND, 50 invisible), 1,732 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,053
Posts18,521,302
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.