Hop To
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
J
JoeBob Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
While I've enjoyed the Trump spectacle, I haven't paid that much attention to what he has actually said beyond the few bombs he has thrown out there. But yesterday, I spent an hour or so catching up on some of the interviews he has been giving to the press on MSNBC and the like. After listening to that, I'm convinced that Trump actually wants to win and is in this thing to win, not just make a spectacle.

In the interviews, he is really engaging and more than his disgust with the current state of things, his sense of optimism comes out. He has that same sort of charisma that Reagan had when it comes to expressing a belief in the country. And further, he gets along great with the press and is really polished at it. While the conflicts he has had with various interviewers make for quick and juicy clips and soundbites, what they don't show is that in most of the interviews, is that for much of the interviews he has the interviewer laughing and smiling with him while he never gives an inch. Trump can say something like, "I love you Laura, you know I do. Remember how long we talked at the charity ball last year? So, you know I love you. But, Laura, you're just flat wrong and that is really disingenuous of you to say that because it is just a lie." And most of the time, the interviewer will get flustered, laugh, and smile, and move on to another talking point where it will be rinse, wash, and repeat.

This guy is a natural politician in a way we haven't seen in a long time. He is a guy who, like Reagan was, has been a rich and powerful insider for most of his life, but who can successfully portray himself as an outsider who is bucking the system. But, more than just being an angry white dude, he is someone has a natural charisma that radiates optimism. Trump believes he can do anything and after listening to him for a bit, most people won't argue with him and begin to believe that maybe he can.

Oh, and one more thing. Women absolutely love the guy. He will crush the women's vote in a way we haven't seen a Republican candidate do in a long time.

Last edited by JoeBob; 08/05/15.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Women love the guy?

J
JoeBob Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Women love the guy?

Women like guys with money and confidence, or confidence and money. Trump has plenty of both. Women will be throwing their panties at him like it is a rock concert.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Women will be throwing their panties at him like it is a rock concert.

Be like a Tom Jones concert, eh?

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
JoeBob: I hope you are right. Im afraid he will come out of this debate looking like an ass clown...

And I hope I'm wrong.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This country needs a leader we can believe in. A great leader could literally pull us all up with him. Right now spirits are so low in this country it's almost to the point of America's destruction being a self-fulfilling prophecy due to our despair.

We really, REALLY need a great man to lead this country. Someone that's had success in life, not failure. Someone that knows what it means to win and believes in himself and the country.

These liberals are so sick I couldn't even begin to know why they're such dismal failures at life and happiness. But they are, and they need to go.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
This country needs a leader we can believe in. A great leader could literally pull us all up with him. Right now spirits are so low in this country it's almost to the point of America's destruction being a self-fulfilling prophecy due to our despair.

We really, REALLY need a great man to lead this country. Someone that's had success in life, not failure. Someone that knows what it means to win and believes in himself and the country.

These liberals are so sick I couldn't even begin to know why they're such dismal failures at life and happiness. But they are, and they need to go.

Good words, those.

I think we have several such men in the race currently. Trump and Walker are two that come to mind immediately; Cruz as well.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
J
JoeBob Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
I don't know about Trump. He could be the best thing that ever happened to the country, the worst, or he could be flat out incompetent as a president. But, he is a pretty damned good candidate and a certified giant in this sea of midget candidates.

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
I will admit. We do need someone who is voicing what we have all been thinking for years. Trump is doing that, without fear of PC retaliation.
Hopefully he will keep doing it, and it will keep working.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
This country is like the Bad News Bears. The players are available for success. There are people in this country that can lead us to the right path, they just need to step up and lead.

This country has no leadership right now and it's the laughing stock of the world.

If it's Trump that gets us there, then it's trump.

Get rid of the people on the team that are there to ruin it.

Nobody dared F with the USA in the 80's when Regan ran the show, and again with Bush did. If they did, a steel-toe was firmly planted in said ass.

Last edited by tzone; 08/05/15.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
wealth makes you unapologetic

every conservative politician knows the dangers we face on dumping central and south America into our country as cheap labor but they won't do a damn thing about it because business wants its and latino's are a voting block that will keep conservatives out of power.

If they had the balls to tell their business donors lining their pockets decades ago to GFY and try to keep American immigration under control they wouldn't be in this situation now.

Trump is just saying what every politicians wants to say except they can't because they'll be cut off financially.

Does that make Trump a good candidate for president? I have no idea, but I'll keep saying it as long as he keeps doing it - I don't want him to go away anytime soon.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
This country needs a leader we can believe in.
I agree, but that does not define Trump in any capacity. The only thing I can believe in with Trump is inconsistency and dishonest bravado. Not very inspiring.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ingwe
JoeBob: I hope you are right. Im afraid he will come out of this debate looking like an ass clown...

And I hope I'm wrong.

No matter what he says or does the liberal drive by media will spin it that way. Hes has some great ways to deal with them and I hope he pounds them like he should

My concern is he did have some liberal posture in the past. I like the guy and hes got huge balls, but is he as conservative as he says?

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If he is ultimately up against the rainbow candidate, I hope he wins too.

We can't take another 8 years of this schidt.

Seriously, what could Donald fug up now?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
frankly, at this point, I'd welcome The Donald as President. He does NOT hate America, he is PRO business, he has been successful, he wants the Country to do well, and he is not a dhimmicrat.
There may well be better candidates out there, but if he were to run, I will vote for him, and pray he wins.
Face it, the kenyan has set the bar of competance so low, that virtually anyone is 'qualified' for the job.

Last edited by Mannlicher; 08/05/15.

Sam......

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

To who? So far Americans can't get enough of him. Despite the media and Republicans praying otherwise.

There is only ONE person everybody is talking about regarding tomorrow's debate. And that's Trump.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
JoeBob Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
The worse he looks in the debate, the better. He can simply say, "I'm not a professional politician."

That said, you don't get to be where he is by being an idiot or a bombastic ass clown. You have to know how to make nice and schmooze when you need to. I'll bet he is relatively low key and tries his best to look presidential tomorrow. If attacked, he'll respond, but his campaign has gotten to the point where he needs to be more than just a bomb thrower.

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by deflave

To who? So far Americans can't get enough of him. Despite the media and Republicans praying otherwise.

There is only ONE person everybody is talking about regarding tomorrow's debate. And that's Trump.

Travis

You are right.

That makes me feel better.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"more than just a bomb thrower."

I agree with your post.

It is remarkable, though, when a society sinks to the point that telling the truth is so uncommon that it hits like a "bomb".

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JoeBob
The worse he looks in the debate, the better. He can simply say, "I'm not a professional politician."

That said, you don't get to be where he is by being an idiot or a bombastic ass clown. You have to know how to make nice and schmooze when you need to. I'll bet he is relatively low key and tries his best to look presidential tomorrow. If attacked, he'll respond, but his campaign has gotten to the point where he needs to be more than just a bomb thrower.

I predict all candidates are going to avoid confrontation like the plague. It's going to show he is running the Republican show and his campaign is likely counting on that.

God help the first Republican that tries and throw a jab his way. Because the haymakers were probably rough drafted 30 days ago, and are now sharpened like spears.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1936M71, 10ring1, 52 invisible), 2,325 guests, and 1,151 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,857
Posts18,497,101
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.