Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
Watch and learn boys.....You are all distracted by shinny objects. 9-9-9 ring any bells

,...and Walt *hates* Trump.

How can Trump get a better endorsement than *that* on the Hunter's Campfire?

Too many of you guys assume that anyone who disagrees with you must "Hate". Honestly I don't "Hate" anyone and if the Donald wins the election I will accept him as the winner and not "bitch and complain" for 4 years. I believe in our system and refuse to develop an ulcer if my candidate looses.

I am not big into conspiracy theories but The Trump/Hillary connection is one that has peaked my attention. Trump is a "Huckster" and you need to look at what he is selling cautiously.

Just for fun:

https://insomniaclibertarian.wordpr...p-hillary-clintons-manchurian-candidate/

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by northwestalaska

I am not big into conspiracy theories but The Trump/Hillary connection is one that has peaked my attention.

If it was a fact, you'd keep your yap shut about it.

,...but honesty isn't in your DNA.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
You bet Mr. Birther!

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by 4ager

Considering what Walker inherited in WI and has been trying to fix, a deficit is no great surprise. A ton of that is due to the bloated state retirement (union) system that he inherited.

Uh............not quite correct. The Wisconsin Retirement System was, at the time Walker was elected governor, and continuing to this day, a fully-funded retirement system. The "fully-funded" moniker ascribed to any fund that is funded above 99%......which the WRS has been for decades. It's the flagship of national retirement systems.

It would be, and will be, continuing to perform at that level. It's contributions and management have an historical perspective to insure that.

What Walker did in relation to the WRS, was change the shared contribution rates to the system. Employees and the state contribute to the system in equal shares now. In the past there were employees who contributed nothing, or very small percentages to the system. The state previously picked up that contribution share.

There are advocates and detractors of Walker's action, but the fact remains the system is sound...........and had been prior to Walker's governorship.

IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Uh............not quite correct. The Wisconsin Retirement System was, at the time Walker was elected governor, and continuing to this day, a fully-funded retirement system.

Don't confuse these guys with things like facts.....

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Trump says what I think. I hope he wins the damn election, he can do no worse than those in office now. Not a nickle's worth of difference in a democrat or republican anymore.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Trump still needs to work on his 2-1 negative rating among all Americans.

He has a way of rubbing a lot of people wrong, and being popular with the farther right of the party isn't going to propel him into the White House. I see him as another Barry Goldwater if nominated.

And, no, I'm not a hater, and I agree with about everything he has said. I was also a Teen for Goldwater worker in high school.

We have moved so far left and have so many illegals voting (they are 4-1 negative) to elect Trump. If he is nominated I hope I eat my words, but I'm not buying any ketchup just yet.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GrandView

Considering what Walker inherited in WI and has been trying to fix, a deficit is no great surprise. A ton of that is due to the bloated state retirement (union) system that he inherited.

Uh............not quite correct. The Wisconsin Retirement System was, at the time Walker was elected governor, and continuing to this day, a fully-funded retirement system. The "fully-funded" moniker ascribed to any fund that is funded above 99%......which the WRS has been for decades. It's the flagship of national retirement systems.

It would be, and will be, continuing to perform at that level. It's contributions and management have an historical perspective to insure that.

What Walker did in relation to the WRS, was change the shared contribution rates to the system. Employees and the state contribute to the system in equal shares now. In the past there were employees who contributed nothing, or very small percentages to the system. The state previously picked up that contribution share.

There are advocates and detractors of Walker's action, but the fact remains the system is sound...........and had been prior to Walker's governorship.

That is correct. Walker fought, and won, several small battles in a small blue State. He did good. Maybe he has something...maybe not.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Trump still needs to work on his 2-1 negative rating among all Americans.

So if the #1 guy amongst all Republicans polled, has a 2-1 negative rating among all Americans, wouldn't that make a Republican win an impossibility?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
He has a way of rubbing a lot of people wrong, and being popular with the farther right of the party isn't going to propel him into the White House.

You are wrong. Anybody popular with the far right will win. A liberal Republican will lose. Stop believing the media and look at history.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by GrandView

That is correct. Walker fought, and won, several small battles in a small blue State. He did good. Maybe he has something...maybe not.

Walker is a lot like warm milk and toast...not very exciting but not hard to stomach. He has been able to stand strong against the liberal establishment, however. He just has little effect on my pulse rate.

Except for Trump, all the Republicans need courses in charisma.

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Poor Walt.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bless his heart.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He has a way of rubbing a lot of people wrong, and being popular with the farther right of the party isn't going to propel him into the White House.

You are wrong. Anybody popular with the far right will win. A liberal Republican will lose. Stop believing the media and look at history.

I hope I'm wrong, and you're correct. I just don't see a nationwide election choosing a conservative. Congressional elections are a different scenario, and we might gain more in the Senate, but a true conservative will need to compromise to get to Pennsylvania Avenue.

I also think Trump would get tired of being opposed by the left, should he win, and I see him wielding a heavy federal hand eventually.

Last edited by luv2safari; 08/05/15.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Show us where that worked.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Times and demographics have changed drastically. The nationwide white population (the Republican core) is not nearly as predominant.

I'm looking at now and ahead, not backwards. wink

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
[Linked Image]

Your sister is nasty!

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Bless his heart.

Douchebags have hearts?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (1minute, 222Sako, 22250rem, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 16penny, 53 invisible), 2,640 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,913
Posts18,498,304
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.