-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
DOC, Miss Lynn: How about NEURONTIN? I have C3-6 compaction w/disc compression C6-7; T7-T10 wedge w/disc compression T10-11;
L1-L5 damage w/Anterior spurring L4-5 interspace,& L1 Sacralization (SIC?)on the left; L6-S1 compaction w/disc compression; Stenosis; Ostosis; and Foraminal Intrusion...(Whatever the hell that is). All I know is the spasms are hell at times.
This occurred during Desert Storm [FeB.'91] and I have been hurting ever since. At first I was given the standard pain meds....MOTRIN and TYLENOL, and when they didn't do the job...Flexeril 10Mg(Apr.'91) and everything went to hell then. Exact same results as Miss Lynn and most of everyone else here who took it. The little blue label with "This may cause drowsiness or dizziness" is one hell of an understatement. Felt like a 24-hour-drunk. LSS; Back stateside, I was given either Neurontin or generic Gabapentin and it eases the pain to a somewhat tolerable level w/(1)100Mg cap 3X/day and (1)300Mg cap at bedtime..sometimes (2) if needed. Only thing that helps. What's your opinion, DOC?

WILL.

DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF:......IT'S ALL SMALL STUFF!
D@MN; I miss my meds.
THE WINDS OF TYRANNY HAVE SHIFTED. BETTER TIMES AHEAD.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Miss Lynn, I was on vacation in Hawaii with my ex-wife in '99 and pulled my back out on Oahu climbing up lots of steps loaded down with beach and snorkel gear from the beach by the "toilet bowl" blowhole. The pain was so bad, I couldn't walk or even get out of bed. I had to crawl to the bathroom. We were renting a father-in-law's quarters above an atty and his wife's garage. He gave me a small bottle of Flexeril and told me to take 2 and let him know how I made out in the a.m.

I could have hugged him and couldn't have thanked he and his wife enough. They knocked me flat on my butt, but helped with the pain to the point I could sleep. I hadn't slept in 36 hrs at that point. I started using 1 at a time in conjunction with Naprosyn (generic Alleve) and was GTG in no time.

Basically, saved our vacation. We went on to Maui, Kona, and Kuwaii from there, with a lot of physical activity that was already in the plans.

I have severe back pain from time to time (none for about 3 years now; knock on wood), but keep a bottle around just in case.

PS- I also keep Naprosyn around. Cheapest way to buy those is from Costco.

HTH.

Last edited by local_dirt; 08/08/15.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Flexiril is good for major pain if you do not need to continue moving around as it is pretty strong for some people.
I drink straight tonic water with Quinine to sooth muscle aches. You can not drink enough to slow your heart down but it seems to help minor muscle ache and tired muscles..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Aroma Therapy and Chelation Therapy are viable alternatives.

grin

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Only "side effect" I had was insta-sleep. Made me very sleepy.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm having trouble just getting to sleep, and staying asleep more than just an hour.
The pain meds from 2 surgeries have messed me up.
Insomnia, anxiety attacks, respiratory depression, and a whole bunch of I don't know what's wrong....

Been trying natural sleep aids, to stay away from hard stuff, to see if time will get me back to normal, as the hard stuff filters out.
Have a good night, with nothing, to last night, where, I slept for an hour, woke up, wide awake, and ended up taking 1 1 1/2 Adavan anti anxiety pills. Slept from @2am to 9:30.

Felt great to sleep.

What I need, is to get physically tired. Limited mobility has softened me, but I have but a week and a half til I can try a shoe on, and get walking and exercising again.
It'll be 2 to 3 months still, til I can touch things weighing more than 25 pounds.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Took them for 3 or so years when i had 4 fusions done on my back.

They did remind me of the slow type of feeling after a night of hard drinking.

They worked.The spasms got to a point where we came to an understanding.

As for dreams i can honestly say i have never had any that i have remembered,if i have dreamed at all.
If you take them and they give some problems get a pill cutter and cut them in half.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
No!

I use only FAMOUS GROUSE!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by splattermatic
I'm having trouble just getting to sleep, and staying asleep more than just an hour.
The pain meds from 2 surgeries have messed me up.
Insomnia, anxiety attacks, respiratory depression, and a whole bunch of I don't know what's wrong....

Been trying natural sleep aids, to stay away from hard stuff, to see if time will get me back to normal, as the hard stuff filters out.
Have a good night, with nothing, to last night, where, I slept for an hour, woke up, wide awake, and ended up taking 1 1 1/2 Adavan anti anxiety pills. Slept from @2am to 9:30.

Felt great to sleep.

What I need, is to get physically tired. Limited mobility has softened me, but I have but a week and a half til I can try a shoe on, and get walking and exercising again.
It'll be 2 to 3 months still, til I can touch things weighing more than 25 pounds.

splattermatic, have you tried Melatonin?

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
i must be one of the oddballs, when i take it i dont notice so much that im on it as i can tell when its wearing off and stuff starts to tighten back up.....it doesnt work so well as another ive been given but forget the name of now but even it was much the same.....cant tell that ive taken it but really notice it when its wearing off....havent taken either really in a few years

however have a good buddy who it will knock loopier than most opiates would when he blew a disk in his back about a year before i did mine.....if he needed to take one he had to take the day off work.....if he took it at bed time he prolly wouldnt be in to work until noon....

Last edited by rattler; 08/09/15.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah.
It makes me a little tired about 30 minutes after I take a tablet, I go to bed, but wake up an hour later. Then I have a serious hard time going back to sleep.
The RD, is really messing with me, along with when I lay down, the anxiety really sets in, and I gotta get out of my bedroom.

Gonna make a doc appointment tomorrow to seek pro help.

I don't want to live on pills, but I have to do something for sleep.

I'm just hoping, as the hard drugs get out of my system, and I can start getting out, and getting physically tired, I'll get back to normal.

Oh, even tried sleepy time tea last evening. 1 hour of sleep and then awake. Took the adavan, and slept.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (160user, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 12344mag, 007FJ, 71 invisible), 2,309 guests, and 1,376 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,678
Posts18,493,839
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.