Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
This entire array of tourists attacked by wild animals in national parks and other areas is just the remnants of the liberal mindset.

Liberals view wild animals differently than you and I. They see them as extensions of house pets that live in a bigger back yard.

They re-introduce dangerous species in areas that have direct contact and conflict with humans.

Wolves, grizzlies and other dangerous predators have no warning bell in a liberal's mind.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495
I thought so, so then you would or should not get charged if you have to kill a bear in self defense.

That seems like quite a good question.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
If it's self defense you likely WILL NOT be charged. However, a couple of elk hunters in Grand Teton National Park killed a grizzly that attacked them when they got too close in thick cover and dim light to where the bear had cached an elk kill. It took nearly a year for the USFWS and the Park Circus to determine that it was a defensive shoot. That's a long time, and a lot of billable hours for your attorney, to be twisting in the wind wondering what's going to happen. But at least they're alive.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
By a slightly more experienced bear.
NPS saying today her cub may be involved so that's a second dead bear in Yellowstone.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
This entire array of tourists attacked by wild animals in national parks and other areas is just the remnants of the liberal mindset.

Liberals view wild animals differently than you and I. They see them as extensions of house pets that live in a bigger back yard.

They re-introduce dangerous species in areas that have direct contact and conflict with humans.

Wolves, grizzlies and other dangerous predators have no warning bell in a liberal's mind.

Oh for f*ck's sakes...

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Thanks for the link Shane - I heard about this last week but hadn't seen anything written up on it.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco

Oh for f*ck's sakes...

Really? I don't necessarily disagree. I've seen PLENTY of the Disney mindset when it comes to critters. Deer/bear/wolves playing together whilst butterflies circle their heads.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This doesn't sound like a sow defending her cub to me. The guy was partially eaten which sounds more like a predatory attack. When a sow is defending her cubs they usually incapacitate the intruder then leave the area. Momma frizz is teaching that cub bad habits as they both need to be put down.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco

Oh for f*ck's sakes...

Really? I don't necessarily disagree. I've seen PLENTY of the Disney mindset when it comes to critters. Deer/bear/wolves playing together whilst butterflies circle their heads.

Who we going to blame when a bow hunter or few get tuned up this season?

We don't even know the circumstances of this one, but it sure doesn't stop the wild speculation around here.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 5sdad
So, do we ban bears?
no...they plan to kill the bear and her cub ... Because of a worthless hiker.

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They should sell a permit to take "the man eater" ,instead .gov is busy breaking old mining dams a wrecking rivers

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So, do we ban bears?

Yes .... maybe Obummer can pass a law grin

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Going Mano el Mano with a Grizz with a "hiking" knife doesn't appeal very much to me. The few times I've been in YellowStone, I was packing a Glock 20 in 10mm. I figure that beats the heck out of a sharp stick, any ole day of the week. YMMV

If you are limited to a handgun better get a .500 S&W ... Grizzly are big.
As I think about this ... one time at the gun club, I was shooting a semi-auto called the Grizzly.
Seems to me it shot a .45MAG , it was neat handgun.

Last edited by Hotload; 08/10/15.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

You have it exactly right, in fact i think i might post your comments on my facebook page. Few days ago on a local association page was discussion about reintroduction of wolves just north of prescott. Turned out it wasn't correct, but one of the posters not liking what i said posted something to the effect "we stole the wolves land, now have to give it back." just brain dead.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by atvalaska
So, do we ban bears?
no...they plan to kill the bear and her cub ... Because of a worthless hiker.

I doubt this bear and cub will be put down unless the attack was found to be predatory. Past defensive interactions have resulted in the bear being left alone. The guy I worked with was hiking up through/near huckleberry bushes when he jumped the sow and cub. She killed him, but she also had a snack and cached his body. She was left alone to raise her cub. Grizzlies are still predators. Yes, the threat precipitates the attack, but once dead it is not uncommon for the grizzly to feed and cache the remains.

When you look at the history of fatal grizzle attacks that were defensive, the bear will often feed on a solo victim.

Last edited by WyColoCowboy; 08/10/15.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
#Grizzlylivesmatter

#hikerstheotherwhitemeat

#registerbearspraylikeguns

#Japanesetouristsgohome

#crazyhashtags!

Sarcasm icon on.....

Last edited by Akbob5; 08/10/15.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
No clue what the number things mean?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
hashtag, its a twitter thing.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
People are sometimes idiots. Bears are big and have large canine teeth. At least one of these facts came into play, maybe both.

You take your chances when you go into the woods, I wouldn't have it any other way.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by lvmiker
You can carry in a national park if your permit is recognized by the State that contains the park.

mike r

I think the law states the park has to abide by the gun laws in the state the park is in.

That is a small, but important difference.

For example I believe open carry is legal in Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana so no matter where you are in Yellowstone (with the exception of federal buildings) you can open carry without a permit.

Or carry concealed in accordance with the concealed carry laws of whatever state you are in.

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (219DW, 19rabbit52, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 219 Wasp, 52 invisible), 1,961 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,223
Posts18,524,618
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.