Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 22 of 26 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
"I think we need to get beyond building a fence down the middle of a river."

You DO realize, I hope, that THAT right there is the reason for the thread.

I saw a clip of Trump, today, describing he wall he is going to build ON THE BORDER. He was saying it was gonna be beautiful and really tall. "Taller than this ceiling", he said, and he was in a real big old building.

He wants it beautiful because at some point it "will probably be called the Trump wall".

That's what passes for a "border security policy".

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"Hope and Change". It worked on the other ones.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Yep.

I forgot to mention that Trump said he "just loves Chris Matthews".

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by curdog4570
"I think we need to get beyond building a fence down the middle of a river."

You DO realize, I hope, that THAT right there is the reason for the thread.

I saw a clip of Trump, today, describing he wall he is going to build ON THE BORDER. He was saying it was gonna be beautiful and really tall. "Taller than this ceiling", he said, and he was in a real big old building.

He wants it beautiful because at some point it "will probably be called the Trump wall".

That's what passes for a "border security policy".

Yes, I do realize that was the reason you started this. If elected he won't build it as a wall in many places but he may do something real to slow down the invasion you all are facing.

I know several of you in the southern border states face a daily life and death situation down there. I have spent hours chatting around a fire with Blue and listening to his battles and the bus loads hauled off his place alone.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Pat, in all honesty, that was pretty snarky of me and it was directed at Cross. I apologize to both of you.

Accepted.

You DO need to come visit, and have a look at the MASSIVE USCBP presence here that spends it's days trying to look busy,....miles from the border.
Old hands are throwing in the towel in DROVES,....completely fed up with new and ever changing ROEs.
You're paying for THAT, too.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Can't say I blame the old hands for bailing. Put me on a front line and tell me I can't do anything and I would be gone too.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
So I understand that texans don't know how to build a "wall" but Trump was talking about the door too. I wanna know more about the door. I'm sure Texas could build a real nice, big door...if they can't I'm sure they could under pay some Mexican to do their work for them

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thank God there are no illegals in our part of the country. grin

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Yeah they must be streaming in from our northern border. But wtf would we know....only loudmouths that fail miserably on their border can talk sh.it

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
We need at least 3 major training sites aka military installations down on our southern border spaced out accordingly to train and at the same time render a vast 'stoppage' to border intrusion just by the sake of those military bases being used to train our troops and 'sack' illegals from coming into the country! Don't tell me it can't be done.....I know better!!

It's too damn simple a solution....And you Know what "simple"
means to those a$$holes in Washington. No money in their pockets when it's finished.

DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF:......IT'S ALL SMALL STUFF!
D@MN; I miss my meds.
THE WINDS OF TYRANNY HAVE SHIFTED. BETTER TIMES AHEAD.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
".only loudmouths that fail miserably on THEIR border can talk sh.it".

Therein lies the rub. The Federal Gov't insists that it is YOUR border, and YOUR Border Patrol is tasked specifically with making damn sure individual Texans not interfere with people coming across it.

Luckily, for YOU, selected State of Texas Law Enforcement personnel have established a working relationship with the Border Patrol folks to provide security for THEM while patrolling the River.

Anytime one of the BP guy fires a round, the FBI has to investigate. The Texas Rangers,Game wardens, and local cops are exempt from that, so THEY do what shooting has to be done while on joint patrols.

But, I'm sure you must have had to learn THAT on your way to becoming a "Border Expert".

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Hey Ace, You are invited by me to come down here and spend a week showing us everything we are doing wrong, and show us how you would correct the problems on our Border, We will feed and House you, and introduce you to the Border Patrol, ICE,DEA, ATF,DPS, And show you where you can start building a fence and or wall,and introduce you to people from all over the world that pass thru our place.we will give you some one to help you, as I am guessing you don"t speak Spanish, When you finish fixing every thing we are doing wrong, you can go home and get on the 24 hour campfire, and tell everyone how stupid the people in S. Tex. are. Rio7

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
The same people who bitch about border residents failing...

Stand at the counter of their local fastfood joint, listening to the workers in the back speaking spanish, plunk down their 7.52 for a numero uno, then opine with their mouth full how employers supporting illegals should get 10 years in prison.

Kent

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RIO7
Hey Ace, You are invited by me to come down here and spend a week showing us everything we are doing wrong, and show us how you would correct the problems on our Border, We will feed and House you, and introduce you to the Border Patrol, ICE,DEA, ATF,DPS, And show you where you can start building a fence and or wall,and introduce you to people from all over the world that pass thru our place.we will give you some one to help you, as I am guessing you don"t speak Spanish, When you finish fixing every thing we are doing wrong, you can go home and get on the 24 hour campfire, and tell everyone how stupid the people in S. Tex. are. Rio7

When he's been through the crash course over there, would send him over here for an orientation, Blue ?

I'd like to park him on the USP for a night or two.

I'm sure he'd enjoy spending a night or two South of Silverbell, and over near Sells.

Kent, what do think ?

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 08/21/15.

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by krp
The same people who bitch about border residents failing...

Stand at the counter of their local fastfood joint, listening to the workers in the back speaking spanish, plunk down their 7.52 for a numero uno, then opine with their mouth full how employers supporting illegals should get 10 years in prison.

Kent
There is a chain of joints around here employing a ton of Mexicans and never any visibly non-Hispanics. I have no idea whether they're legal or not but I suspect some aren't. I also have no proof they are doing anything other than serving food, but I know I couldn't make it in the restaurant business doing the stuff they're doing food-wise. The waiters support families, drive decent vehicles, etc. It don't matter how hard a Mexican works, all that stuff costs the same in this country whether it is a Mexican or a lilly white guy buying it. They were/are nice people. I got to know some of them. A friend of mine liked the places VERY much. I quit them. I decided one day that I wasn't supporting what appeared to be illegality when there were places around that didn't give off the scent of illicit activities. My friend got mad about it. I haven't been in one of those places since. So not all of us are as you accuse, Kent. Of course, I'm not bitching about border folks "failing" or whatever. It's a no-win situation on the border, set up by politicians in the employ of the big boys to do exactly that. Cheap labor, votes and the total restructuring of our country, all financed by US.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I can tell you one real life example of an uncontrolled border. I don't know if they found them or not. But 20 or so new arrivals in the desert down south of I-8 by gila bend.
In trouble. They had several different agencies looking for them.

Few years ago I was on I-8 in the drug corridor coming up from the south. My grandson and I were looking for dove. There is a dirt road going south there passes a very much unused state park. I stopped at the entrance to this road right off I-8 and talked to a B.P. guy in a van. He wanted to know what i was doing an i said "looking for dove." He thought i said looking for drugs. We got that cleared up. He said he had people actually ask him about drugs.
My question to him was had he ever been south on that road. Keep in mind this is prime narco country. He said "no." Being stupid i proceded down the road quite a few miles till i came to a ol ranch out of a john wayne movie, stone river rock walls etc. And I stopped. I had my grandson with me, good boy, but over his paygrade the situation. And I was well aware of the a.k. i had on the seat, but naw, i don't want to get envolved in that stuff, we turned around and left. I-8 is maybe 40miles or so from the state capital. Sitting in a van 40miles north of the border is active enforcement i guess.
I also that year stopped at a farm off of I-8 close to I10.
Was warned specifically about entering the desert to get to some stock tanks by the farm manage due to narco activity in the area. Again, 40 miles or so from the border. You can go on and on.
I heard barry goldwater's son in a politicl speech a few years ago. He said build a tent city right on the border kind of like sheriff joe's tent city for prisoner. Round up every illegal you can find. Throw them in that tent city with a opening in the fence south into mexico. Kick them loose and let it me mexico's problem. Works for me.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I am going out in a few days to check some stock tanks for dove activity on a ranch owned by a guy friend of the family since at least the 30's. It's over in central arizona near aquila. It's also not far from a couple of routes north out of mexico. And also where the local convenience stores have 8ft wire concerntina fences around them these days. And a number of dead mexicans found. And drop sites i personally have walked across.
No country for ol men.
And watch your 6.
it goes on and on.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"Failing ?"

The only thing that I see us having "Failed" at here is foolishly interjecting ourselves into a LOSE/LOSE situation, e.g. making ourselves into interlopers in a no man's land between vastly more powerful and wealthy forces......the U.S. Fed. and any number of Narco Terr orgs.

We've failed to get ourselves KILLED, ARRESTED, or SUED.

A lot of us have TRIED to keep folks in other parts of the Nation up to speed on how things transpire and evolve here.

Pardon us all to hell.

GTC

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
and some of the b.s. in this thread about what locals are doing about it. Well maybe some things are happening but for sure not advertised. I know the example of a guy, greg does too, of a guy owning a ranch down there that detained some illegals. By the time the feds and attornies got through with him he didn't own the ranch anymore.
I know one guy, not gonna mention his name, but he is well known that owns a ranch on the border. Others on here for sure know him. He locks his ranch down against b.p. and everybody else, just easier that way. Things change
i was talking to a friend of mine that use to cowboy down near the green property east of nogales. He was talking about how mexicans would steal horses along the border to ride across the ranch, but they would leave them on the east north side. Last time i was down there they had a couple of b.p. guys at 60k a year guarding a backhoe, to keep it from wandering.

I for sure have no hate for mexicans at all. But i sure do hate the illegal part. And that is fully the result of sick federal policy on both sides of the political fence. But there is GOOD news, ol john mccain has a good opponet in the primaries. Somebody I could and will vote for. To get his worthless butt out of the senate.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 08/21/15.

Page 22 of 26 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

529 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 12344mag, 163bc, 45 invisible), 2,354 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,641
Posts18,493,238
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.