Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
RGK Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
With all the food fights here over proper carry guns, I thought it would be a good idea to review my current carry weapons and see if a handgun and leather upgrade would be appropriate. Here's what I came up with. The pocket watch ain't as accurate as my Rolex, but it can double as an impact weapon. Holster is a nice concealable lefty crossdraw. A great pistola for a Texas Sunday morning at Denny's. Frank Hamer would approve.
Bob

[Linked Image]

Last edited by RGK; 09/14/15.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's gonna get you killed ON THE STREETS.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yep. I carry one at the Ranch almost every day in .45 Colt. Certainly not on the streets, though eek

Last edited by chlinstructor; 09/14/15.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
When did they start chambering those in 9mm?

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Frank Hamer would approve.

And so do I. Very nice rig.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide

you fool its a hand to hand combat weapon like brass knuckles.....he isnt gonna shoot anyone, just pistol whip them

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Very high in style points! If that is your Denny's gun, what are holding back for barbecues?

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rattler

you fool its a hand to hand combat weapon like brass knuckles.....he isnt gonna shoot anyone, just pistol whip them

They are damn good for Pistol whippin! Had to use mine to get one of our Angus bulls off Dad once when we were loading them in a stock trailer from one of our small cattle pens.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
RGK Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Very high in style points! If that is your Denny's gun, what are holding back for barbecues?

This one. It can be touch and go with the crowds at Black's BBQ in Lockhart on a Saturday afternoon. Might need a few extra rounds if something goes down while I'm munching out on the combo plate. With my back to the wall, of course.
Bob

[Linked Image]

Last edited by RGK; 09/14/15.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

laugh

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by RGK
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

This one. It can be touch and go with the crowds at Black's BBQ in Lockhart on a Saturday afternoon. Might need a few extra rounds if something goes down while I'm munching out on the combo plate. With my back to the wall, of course.
Bob

[Linked Image]

Just like an 1851 Navy. But different.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

They are damn good for Pistol whippin! Had to use mine to get one of our Angus bulls off Dad once when we were loading them in a stock trailer from one of our small cattle pens.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RGK
With all the food fights here over proper carry guns, I thought it would be a good idea to review my current carry weapons and see if a handgun and leather upgrade would be appropriate. Here's what I came up with. The pocket watch ain't as accurate as my Rolex, but it can double as an impact weapon. Holster is a nice concealable lefty crossdraw. A great pistola for a Texas Sunday morning at Denny's. Frank Hamer would approve.
Bob

[Linked Image]

Skeeter Skelton told a story of being out javelina hunting, when he got a call of a drug bust. He was then sheriff of the county in question, and joined the bust. He was first to the smuggler's car, and drew his hunting revolver - a Super Blackhawk, then pulled the door open. The guilty party sat perfectly still while Skelton removed a mason jar full of heroin and a .25 automatic from his lap - later admitting he'd planned to shoot it out if arrested, but changed his mind when he saw, "the biggest gun I ever see" grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

R
RGK Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
My beat-down gun. I guess it would do for CQB as well as BBQ.
Bob

[Linked Image]

Last edited by RGK; 09/15/15.
R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Go over to the S&W Forums and you have 10K people carrying 5-shot J-frames... Go over to the KelTec Forums and there are an equal number carrying .32s and 3ATs...

I'll take a SAA any time...Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RJM
Go over to the S&W Forums and you have 10K people carrying 5-shot J-frames... Go over to the KelTec Forums and there are an equal number carrying .32s and 3ATs...

I wouldn't carry a Kel Tec to a [bleep] McDonald's and I don't eat at [bleep] McDonald's. A Kel Tec is a [bleep] Safariman Special.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

It's called a "ladies version" smile Nice looking rig, sir!

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Your BBQ joint sounds like this place with these guys, or maybe Nuttal & Mann's Saloon.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by RJM

I wouldn't carry a Kel Tec to a [bleep] McDonald's and I don't eat at [bleep] McDonald's. A Kel Tec is a [bleep] Safariman Special.

I was out shooting several weeks ago a couple of colt bisley s.a.a.'s in 38wcf. Both had been used to kill a man once upon a time, among other things.
One i hadn't shot since i was about six. At least four out of five pop cans at over 20yards. I was telling my younger son in law, they are real sweet to draw, quick to point, and you can rapid fire them pretty darn quick if you know how to do it.
I don't think anybody argued much over a 250grain .45slug centerpunched in the chest.
Now if i lived in fergerson or chicago maybe a belt fed rifle would be better.
But i would NEVER underrate the skills of someone proficient with one of those ol hawglegs.
Now for the younger folk, there are those a.k.47 pistols with a 74round drum magazine that kind of get your attention.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 09/15/15.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (1OntarioJim, 1minute, 10Glocks, 16penny, 160user, 55 invisible), 2,421 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,527
Posts18,472,651
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.