Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't believe it.

Just this morning I smashed a baby's head like a ripe tomato by grabbing its chubby little leg and hurling it against my Druid tree to celebrate the autumn equinox and fall harvest. As the blood rained out, I saw winter wheat spotaneously sprout in my field, promising yet another bountiful year, filled with glutinous prosperity.

We have at least one more full year.

Perhaps if we go hurl some virgins in a volcano we can postpone that apocalypse indefinitely.

Conrad101st
1/503 Inf., 2nd ID (90-91)
3/327 Inf., 101st ABN (91-92)
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Blood Moon or Blood Red Moon are just hysterical ways of saying "Total Lunar Eclipse." For all our sophistication and self-professed intelligence, throw a little something different in the sky and we still tend to panic and all run to one side of the pen.

Me? Come the rising of the moon, I will be out there with my rattle and headdress with Pooh and Nosmo, trying to hold back the forces of Chaos and Entropy. I've laid in a supply of chickens and goats just in case. I hope I don't have to use any virgins. They are hard to come by these days, especially here in Kentucky.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
gather in your enemies

remove their living beating hearts

hurl their bodies from the pyramid temples

the end of the Mayan calendar is near

Geno

PS, (Aliens, reptilians, feathered serpents are coming too)

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When Mt St. Helens was acting up, the Washington state legislature KNEW they needed to sacrifice a virgin. They couldn't find a single one in the entire state and we all know the result of not satisfying that requirement. You can't let these things slide.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In my youth I well remember most of the old folks calling the September full moon the Comanche moon because it brought them down on the last raids before winter.

Quando Omni Moritati
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The 1st full moon after the fall equinox is called the Harvest Moon. The one after that is called the Hunters Moon. Because of the tilt of the earth at that time of year, those 2 full moons rise and set farther north than normal maximizing the hours when they're visible.

― George Orwell

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
When Mt St. Helens was acting up, the Washington state legislature KNEW they needed to sacrifice a virgin. They couldn't find a single one in the entire state and we all know the result of not satisfying that requirement. You can't let these things slide.

RC is right guys.

You fellas back east and down south, if you find any of them virgins send 'em out here to the Pac NW for "safekeeping". wink Especially the cute ones over 18. You have no need for them there, You can't sacrifice a virgin to a blizzard, or the humidity god, or a thundercloud to keep tornadoes from forming. And if you tried it with a hurricane it wouldn't stand for it. We have a bunch of volcanoes out here that need watched.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Here's an interesting related article from our local paper. This was written by the director of the observatory at our local college.
He comments on how the earth's orbit is becoming more circular. I wonder if that has any affect on 'global warming'.

Since 2014, much ado has been made about the rarity of the current succession of four total lunar eclipses without an intervening partial lunar eclipse — a so-called “tetrad.” But how common are they, really?

In the 20th century, there were five lunar eclipse tetrads (in 1909-10, 1927-28, 1949-50, 1967-68 and 1985-86), and (including the one that finishes on Sunday) there have been two already in the 21st (2002-4 and 2014-15) with six more to follow by 2100 AD.

However, 13 tetrads in two centuries isn’t typical. Over the long run, there can be gaps of longer than three centuries between tetrads (plenty of total lunar eclipses, mind you, just no groups of four without a partial in between), as well as some centuries with as many as eight.

For example, the three centuries between 2156 AD and 2448 AD will be devoid of eclipse tetrads.

Currently, gravitational tugs by the planets (primarily Jupiter and Saturn) are causing Earth’s orbit to become less elliptical, a trend which won’t reverse for the next 25 millennia. The more circular the orbit, the less frequent will be eclipse tetrads. On the way to a “tetrad-less” era, smaller variations in the eccentricity cause a 565-year period of tetrad “feasts” and “famines” (although this period also changes over time).

The fact that, since the late 19th century, we have possessed the ability to accurately calculate eclipse times and durations from the remote past to the distant future leads me to wonder: For those who would claim that eclipse tetrads are a fulfillment of Biblical prophecy of the end times (the so-called “blood moons”), how can the latest one be a sign from God if we can predict, to the second, when such signs will appear centuries in advance?

― George Orwell

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
The universe itself is supernatural, in that it doesn't exist apart from an underlying controlling consciousness. We are merely ephemeral cells of the universe experiencing itself on a level where that self-created consciousness interfaces with the material aspect of itself. In that any point (a single point of view) in an infinite conscious field is its center, we perceive ourselves to be a separate living individual point of view. Each changing array of astronomical features exactly describes the state of the material universe corresponding to the conscious content and intent of that ineffable source. All of which means that a recurring cycle of lunar eclipses, where the earth's shadow produces a blood color, coinciding with Jewish holidays, could mean anything from outbreak of global war and the fulfillment of prophesy, to your uncle Herschel calling to offer you a great deal on Armani silk-wool blend suits.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Are you a TV preacher? Sounds like some of them I've heard but without the plea for more money.

― George Orwell

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Better uncle Herschel than Aunt Miriam calling to tell you the honey cake is ready.

Geno.

In it is contentment

G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
the Blood Moon continues to draw nigh.

but i see very little widespread panic, nor of certain elements of the citizenry running hither and fro, waving their hands wildly in the air.

maybe a few of us will be able to keep our heads, while all about us, others are losing theirs.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Perfect moon for sacrificing virgins.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
Perfect moon for sacrificing virgins.

Dunno about that,....every damn dog and coyote in creation was yelling it's fool head off last night,....

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Are you a TV preacher? Sounds like some of them I've heard but without the plea for more money.

lol. no, not even in the same territory. i don't even know of a modern day denomination that would even let me in.

i have been an enthusiastic follower of Dr. Father Mathew Fox, formerly of the Catholics, and more recently associated with the Episcopalians. his Co-Creation Theology has hit a telling blow on occasion.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Gus

lol. no, not even in the same territory. i don't even know of a modern day denomination that would even let me in.

i have been an enthusiastic follower of Dr. Father Mathew Fox, formerly of the Catholics, and more recently associated with the Episcopalians. his Co-Creation Theology has hit a telling blow on occasion.
Actually, that was a response to WranglerJohn's unintelligible post. grin Besides, TV preachers are denominations all of their own. Only THEY are right and they needs lots of $$ to preach it.

― George Orwell

G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Gus

Actually, that was a response to WranglerJohn's unintelligible post. grin Besides, TV preachers are denominations all of their own. Only THEY are right and they needs lots of $$ to preach it.

oh my my, my mistake. i clearly misinterpreted the meaning of your message. sorry. but, anyways, preachers always asking for money to remain on the air is pretty distressing. it looks like that they could procure a federal grant or some such.

makin' money and preachin' the gospel at the same time, what a concept.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They can get government money if they wear a turban and robe.

― George Orwell

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Anyone prepped for the moon?

Fück Joe byron
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Including the next blood moon this week will be 4 blood moons in a row with Jewish holidays. This makes it very rare. The bible says in the last days the moon will turn to blood. Some say it is a warning of God's judgment. Maybe this is what he was talking about? I dont know. I do hope that if it is Gods Judgement it is perfect timing. The biggest enemies of christians and Jews are having a perty happening right now, it's Rommedon (SP) . SO far only 114 got killed by lightening and 700? died in their own stampede. ( Not that I care) . Just saying. If God decides to judge I will watch the show I guess. I have repented of my sins and hope I aint part of it if God does decide to judge "those people" .

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (12344mag, 16penny, 160user, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 59 invisible), 2,323 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,820
Posts18,477,798
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.