Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by drover
I have worn Levi's all of my life, they were always my jeans of choice but no more, I will not spend money with a company that is openly supporting the LGBT movement and making a run of pants to celebrate the movement.

http://www.levistrauss.com/unzipped...;utm_campaign=outbrain_desktop_evergreen

drover

p.s. - any suggestions about another brand of jeans that fit and feel like Levi's?

I gave up on them more than fifteen years ago when they were asking everyone to sign a petition to ban all firearms in America, promoting a music group that pushed cop killer music, and said it better to me gay than straight. I have not changed my mind about them and obviously they have not changed theirs. Now I but jeans made in the USA and costing a hell of a lot less than there over priced crap made elsewhere. Try out Texas Jeans.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
For me, it's Wrangler cowboy cut (fits over boot tops) - slim fit (regular fit falls down)

Just wondering if they still make Lee Riders? Used to wear pretty well for those they fit.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I have worn Levi's all of my life, they were always my jeans of choice but no more, I will not spend money with a company that is openly supporting the LGBT movement and making a run of pants to celebrate the movement.

drover

p.s. - any suggestions about another brand of jeans that fit and feel like Levi's?

Just finding this out now ?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Has anyone tried these. The price seems to be reasonable and they state that they are 100% made in the USA. I really like that they are made here but have never seen a pair - just wondering how they fit and wear.

http://www.texasjeans.com/category.cfm?parent=men

I have tried Wranglers a few times but just don't like the feel of the high waist. These look like they probably fit more like Wranglers than Levi's but would like to hear from someone that has tried them.

drover

They are now the only jeans I own. I love them and the company stands behind what they make. Got a pair that the stitching on the waist band started to come out. One phone call and a new pair was on the way no questions asked. Then the lady on the phone said I should ask my wife to repair the stitching and enjoy the free pair. I am wearing them today.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I am still wearing the Costco jeans I bought when we were living in Calgary 2004 - 2009. They were made in Canada and have just lasted.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I wear LEE jeans, haven't worn Levis since high school
That was a looong time ago

Last edited by TBREW401; 09/26/15.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I hate shopping. I just order Cabelas jeans 2 or 3 at a time when they're on sale.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I haven't worn Levi's for 60 or so years. When I was living at home as a kid, Mom bought Levis. She could care less about any corporate politics, and besides that, they were still in the closet.

I find heavy denim too heavy for Texas summer so unless one is working or playing hard enough to warrant a little extra protection, I generally wear khakis for summer. There used to be a light weight Wrangler pleated front that I really liked, but apparently I was one of few, as they are gone.

I really like the Carhart work shorts, the pants not so much. I'm thinking about Deluth ball room as my next purchase.

Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
My parents might've bought some for me when I was a kid but I sure can't remember ever buying any new Levi jeans myself. I used to really like Lee's jeans until something changed with either the way they they fit on me or the way I fit in them. A while back I tried on some Lee's at the same time as Wranglers. Both brands were the same exact size, but the Lee's were tighter on my waist. I also noticed the front and back pockets were shallower as was the watch/change pocket on the Lee's than Wrangler jeans pockets. I like the double belt loops on both sides of the front of Wranglers, too.

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Scott F
Has anyone tried these. The price seems to be reasonable and they state that they are 100% made in the USA. I really like that they are made here but have never seen a pair - just wondering how they fit and wear.

http://www.texasjeans.com/category.cfm?parent=men

I have tried Wranglers a few times but just don't like the feel of the high waist. These look like they probably fit more like Wranglers than Levi's but would like to hear from someone that has tried them.

drover

They are now the only jeans I own. I love them and the company stands behind what they make. Got a pair that the stitching on the waist band started to come out. One phone call and a new pair was on the way no questions asked. Then the lady on the phone said I should ask my wife to repair the stitching and enjoy the free pair. I am wearing them today.

I had a similar experience with Roundhouse. Good folks.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

IC B3

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Buy Pointer Brand. They are made in Tennessee.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Carhartt Holters is what I have finally found as my go to jean. They fit very similar to Levi 550s, and seem better made.

D
drover Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Thanks for the tips. The next time we go to the city I will have to check some of the suggestions out.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wear roundhouse or duluth for work. unless i need FR rated then its tyndale. For fancy jeans, i wear whatever the wife buys me, as it leads to gettin' my bean snapped :-D

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
It fun to read these "self banning" threads. Its easy to get caught up in it. Let's so far, its no Levis, Fritos General Mills, McDonalds, Caribou, Target, Walmart et. al..
If you go deep into corporate websites, you will see who they give money to as well.

By next Tuesday, we will all be walking around wearing beach towels and eating pb&j sammiches.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
I have not purchased a pair of Levis since they quit making the 557. They were cut to let a man fork a bronc. Nothing else in the Levis brand ever has been.

Levis has been marketed to the Ghetto and the yuppy ever since.

I have only worn Wranglers for over twenty years.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by liliysdad
Carhartt Holters is what I have finally found as my go to jean. They fit very similar to Levi 550s, and seem better made.

Carhartt is all I wear as well. They wear like iron.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Forgetting the political stance of any manufacturer I look for value and durability of any product.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Best to send an email to Levis and point out your concerns and inform them that you will be spending elsewhere. I did.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Scott F

drover

I gave up on them more than fifteen years ago when they were asking everyone to sign a petition to ban all firearms in America, promoting a music group that pushed cop killer music, and said it better to me gay than straight. I have not changed my mind about them and obviously they have not changed theirs. Now I but jeans made in the USA and costing a hell of a lot less than there over priced crap made elsewhere. Try out Texas Jeans.

Thanks Scott F - definitely on the "things to order list" next week!

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (160user, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 007FJ, 12344mag, 65 invisible), 2,269 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,278
Posts18,486,741
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.