Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 175 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 174 175
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
BTW, could someone say "lawyer'd up" again.

I would, but on advice of council I am exercising my 5th amendment rights against self incrimination.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by cv540
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

Just all some sorta' big JOKE ?

Having a high old time, spitting coffee through your nose, crackin' jokes, ....what a great party.....

Somewhere along the line I missed being issued the capacity to JOKE about this sorta' thing.

Whoever commented about your superimposing midwestern mindset on a WESTERN issue was bang on, mister (small m)

Don't really see it as a "Western Issue." Someone decided to show up where the police were, brandished and discharged a firearm, and got himself killed. Don't care if he was from Idaho, Wisconsin, or New York. Don't care if he was white or black, a rancher or a dope dealer.

He precipitated his own death, and won't get any tears from me.

Don't think a "mindset" about how police are going to react to an armed man interfering their attempts to rescue injured people is going to change much from coast to coast.

Not sure exactly you call home but in this part of the world showing up without a gun would be unusual. I carry one all day every day in the states I can do so legally. I had a rifle with me 99% of the time I lived in Central Oregon.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave

Are the police in your area a problem for you?
Travis

If yes, then...

If no, then...

Really bud? I'm engaging you because I like you, but please.

LOL
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Everybody likes me. Why would you be any different?

Are the police in your area a problem for you?

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by cv540
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

Just all some sorta' big JOKE ?

Having a high old time, spitting coffee through your nose, crackin' jokes, ....what a great party.....

Somewhere along the line I missed being issued the capacity to JOKE about this sorta' thing.

Whoever commented about your superimposing midwestern mindset on a WESTERN issue was bang on, mister (small m)

Don't really see it as a "Western Issue." Someone decided to show up where the police were, brandished and discharged a firearm, and got himself killed. Don't care if he was from Idaho, Wisconsin, or New York. Don't care if he was white or black, a rancher or a dope dealer.

He precipitated his own death, and won't get any tears from me.

Don't think a "mindset" about how police are going to react to an armed man interfering their attempts to rescue injured people is going to change much from coast to coast.

Not sure exactly you call home but in this part of the world showing up without a gun would be unusual. I carry one all day every day in the states I can do so legally. I had a rifle with me 99% of the time I lived in Central Oregon.

I don't think carrying the gun was the problem, I think it was when he deployed, brandished it, and fired it, that things went bad.

Where you live, if you show up at an accident scene where the police are on scene, and you deploy your firearm of choice, while interfering with rescue operations, what do you think might happen?

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
So the police call him to the scene then shoot him when he arrives ready to defend his property? I hate to, but I could agree with Steelhead on this one. Why call him there at all?

LOL
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Fireball2
So the police call him to the scene then shoot him when he arrives ready to defend his property? I hate to, but I could agree with Steelhead on this one. Why call him there at all?

I've never seen an accident involving livestock that didn't involve the owner of the livestock being notified as quickly as possible. Especially if there is a downed fence.

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I guess we don't know whose decision it was to call him, whether the deputies on scene, or the dispatcher.

I guess we don't know if it was a fluid situation. Possibly initially it looked like the bull could be contained, and they summoned him to the scene to do so, and then the bull became more of a problem.

Bottom line is it seems that he placed the value of the bull above the lives of the others involved in the accident, the first responders, the other traffic that the bull was charging, and ultimately above his own life.

-George Washington
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Two good cow dogs....could move most bulls outta range....even for the sharpshooters with badges before one could choke down the first doughnut.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I'm curious why the rancher's friend claims there were problems between the locals and the cops for quite a while. What's the history?

LOL
IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Angus1895
Two good cow dogs....could move most bulls outta range....even for the sharpshooters with badges before one could choke down the first doughnut.

Guess if he would have brought a couple of good dogs instead of his wife, nephew and rifle, things would have turned out different.

-George Washington
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I musta cain't read so good...

Because in those links with information about open range laws I do not see any mention of liability falling on the driver. It just states that the animals owner shall not be held liable. Seems like liability is determined in court, but hell, what do I know...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Having been on location at more than a couple accidents involving livestock, I can state it typically goes something like this:

"EMS is en-route."

"Traffic stopped both ways?"

"Yeah."

"Whose fugkin' cow?"

"So-n-so."

"He been notified?"

"They're calling now."

"Whose fence?"

"So-n-so."

"Looks like he's gettin' a new fence. You call him?"

"Yeah. We got ahold of his foreman."

"There more fugkin' cows in that pasture?"

"Fugk I hope not."

Dave

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have 4 good cow dogs, tough sons of bitches. A bull that is hurt and mad will stand and fight, pretty sure my dogs couldn't move him unless they ate him and went off the road to [bleep].

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Why are you hung up on the fact that he brought a gun?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'm curious why the rancher's friend claims there were problems between the locals and the cops for quite a while. What's the history?

Maybe the police are a problem for them in that area.

Dave

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have 4 good cow dogs, tough sons of bitches. A bull that is hurt and mad will stand and fight, pretty sure my dogs couldn't move him unless they ate him and went off the road to [bleep].

I figure heelers could, headers not so much. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mss I gotta say it could be true what you say. But if it is that hurt and standing it's ground why are there reports of it charging? I have found if the dogs can get em to spin, and then bite em in the nose then heel em the majority of em will break loose and run Bellering the whole way. Bird shot also helps.

Last edited by Angus1895; 11/04/15.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave

Maybe the police are a problem for them in that area.

Dave

I thought only blacks had problems with the police and they earned it so it's ok? And white guys are supposed to support cops because it's just right and all.

I'm having trouble tracking all this. Maybe I smoke too much dope.

LOL
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I don't care that he brought a gun. I don't care if anyone carries a gun. I carry a gun.

I just don't whip it out without reason. I sure as heck don't whip it out around other armed persons who may not be sure of my intentions, whether they are cops or anyone else.

The fact that he brought a gun, if he had left it in the truck wouldn't have been a factor.

Gotta wonder why he chose to deploy it. Most likely scenario was to make his point that he thought the bull shouldn't be put down.

-George Washington
Page 15 of 175 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 160user, 68 invisible), 2,515 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,445
Posts18,489,603
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.