Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by cv540
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

Just all some sorta' big JOKE ?

Having a high old time, spitting coffee through your nose, crackin' jokes, ....what a great party.....

Somewhere along the line I missed being issued the capacity to JOKE about this sorta' thing.

Whoever commented about your superimposing midwestern mindset on a WESTERN issue was bang on, mister (small m)

Don't really see it as a "Western Issue." Someone decided to show up where the police were, brandished and discharged a firearm, and got himself killed. Don't care if he was from Idaho, Wisconsin, or New York. Don't care if he was white or black, a rancher or a dope dealer.

He precipitated his own death, and won't get any tears from me.

Don't think a "mindset" about how police are going to react to an armed man interfering their attempts to rescue injured people is going to change much from coast to coast.

Not sure exactly you call home but in this part of the world showing up without a gun would be unusual. I carry one all day every day in the states I can do so legally. I had a rifle with me 99% of the time I lived in Central Oregon.

I don't think carrying the gun was the problem, I think it was when he deployed, brandished it, and fired it, that things went bad.

Where you live, if you show up at an accident scene where the police are on scene, and you deploy your firearm of choice, while interfering with rescue operations, what do you think might happen?

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington