Update..Now the sheriff is having second thoughts about bringing the deputies back after a backlash of negative comments after releasing there names.(Good)

BOISE -- Earlier this week, Adams County Sheriff Ryan Zollman identified Brian Wood, 31, and Cody Roland, 38, as the two deputies involved in the shooting death of Council rancher Jack Yantis. Zollman said that identifying the two deputies has sparked a new wave of angry emails and phone calls to the Adams County Sheriff's Office.

"With the release of the names it's definitely flared up again," said Zollman. "They don't believe they should come back to work ever as a sheriff's deputy."

That decision of when, and if, the men will return to active duty is one that weighs heavily on Zollman.

"I am absolutely concerned about that," said Zollman, "You know I think the two deputies are very intelligent, and you know they're very good deputies. But with that said, there's always going to be a few out there that don't feel that way and it will definitely affect their jobs."

Both deputies are on paid administrative leave right now. Zollman says that is where they will remain at least until the ISP investigation is complete.

"ICRMP, our liability insurance, has decided that they are going to reimburse the county for their salaries to keep them on paid administrative leave until the ISP investigation is completed," said Zollman.

According to its website, ICRMP is a casualty insurance program created exclusively for Idaho local government.

In a written statement, Executive Director Rick Ferguson explained his decision to reimburse Adams County.

"With such a small law enforcement staff, there is pressure to either bring the officers back to alleviate the stress and overtime costs that come with having to fill shifts by the remaining active officers, including the Sheriff himself, or to hire temporary officers to fill those shifts. Either way there is extra financial cost to the county, which operates on a thin budget."

The results of the ISP investigation will decide if Wood and Roland will face charges.

But for Zollman, he fears that negative backlash they've already received might be too much for his deputies to overcome.

"I've had long conversations with both of them, discussing that exact thing whether they feel like this is the best place for them to continue their careers," said Zollman.