Originally Posted by MadMooner
Pile into a black cow, at night, and be stuck for damages! That'd suck.

I'd be keeping my mouth shut and splitting a side of beef with the tow truck driver.

Reminds me of an interesting incident here.

Few years back, we moved some pairs down the road to our other place. I noticed a calf seemed a little sore.

A guy shows up later that day or maybe the next day asking where the cattle that had been in that pasture were and who's they were.

I said they were moved out and didn't tell him they were mine because I had a suspicion something wasn't right.

Seems he and a buddy hit a calf in the middle of the night and damaged his truck. He wanted to be paid for damages.

Now our area right here is not open-range and I was pretty sure he had hit a calf of mine. But, when the pieces were added up, things were amiss. Reality is/was, he had been drunk the night he hit the calf and didn't want to deal with the cops at that time. But, he wanted to come back after the incident and have me pay for it. No luck there. I told him to pack sand.

Couple weeks later, same guys rolled the same pickup after closing time. Seems like a gal was injured and they left her and took off afoot after the accident. Confirmed what I thought of the guy.

Last edited by Tarkio; 11/03/15.

Montana MOFO