Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
The police do, as a matter of fact, get a much higher level of protection under the law, than does the general public.

As do all officers of the court.

One can not deny the increased effort for the apprehension of a suspected killer of a LEO, judge, or prosecuting attorney.

I, for one, feel that such enhanced protection should be accompanied by enhanced behavior.

It is SOP in this nation to hold a person in authority to a higher level of scrutiny than an average citizen.

There is an enhanced penalty for the teacher who molests or abuses a student vs the typical child molester. The same is true of preists vs the general public.

We have rules and laws which prohibit undue contact between a physician and a vulnerable patient.

And, if I am not mistaken, it is a felony for a Corrections Officer to have intimate contact with his wards.

That the public expects a police officer to abide by a higher code of conduct than the typical citizen abides by should come as no surprise to any seasoned officer.

I was under the impression that each officer actually swears to do so upon taking up the badge.

No freakin' duh. Nobody argued against any of that.

I want to know what laws lumberjacks are allowed to break, how often they can break them, and what other professions are held to a similarly low standard of behavior.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling