Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Why didn't this go to the grand jury?

The DA made the call that there wasn't enough evidence to proceed with a prosecution beyond a reasonable doubt. Other than that, all the rest is in the 5300+ pages from the investigation.

Hey, I think the grand jury should have at least been presented the case. Were I the DA, I would have if for no other reason than to cover my ass. If the GJ indicts and a jury acquits, or a judge dismisses, the DAs office is clear. If the GJ no bills, the DAs office is clear. That said, I know a lot of DAs that think doing so is a sell out and a waste of GJ time and resources.

The folks in that area elected the sheriff and the DA. They can elect someone else later, and since no charges were brought the case could be revived (which would not be the situation had it gone to trial and ended in an acquittal).

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.