Originally Posted by curdog4570
"If he wanted to be helpful, a "I have a rifle in my car, should I get it?" would have been infinitely more helpful (and safer for all) than the more likely "You ain't shooting my bull" while brandishing a rifle scenario which played out."

Cops and cop suck-ups are allowed this type of speculation. It would go over better if you referred to the dead Rancher as a "perp". Any family members present are also "perps".

Cop critics, OTOH, are supposed to wait until "all the facts are in". If the facts put the cops in the wrong, then the media reported it wrong.

If the cop's boss [another cop] thinks he did wrong and fires him, he "threw him under the bus" to appease us, who are still "waiting on all the facts to come in".

This is just a brief synopsis of Campfire Rules with regard to cop threads.

Since you are new, I thought you might find it helpful.

Thanks for the advice. Not a suck up, I've walked the walk, and went home with their blood, and mine and my clothes. Have also dealt with cheesedicks like you who think they know what they are talking about, but are in reality keyboard warriors with no real grasp of reality, and pontificate from a lofty perch.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington