Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by cv540
Gotta pry, what was your experience that so jaded you? Lots and lots of anger.

I answered this last night in a fairly wordy response but it has disappeared overnight. The abridged version I'll indulge you now.

I worked for a local PD many years back and witnessed some truly disgusting and illegal behaviors by several "officers". One sgt put a ladder to the 2nd story master bedroom in his old house and raped his ex wife. Flat out undeniable RAPE! Since our department couldn't investigate one of our own the case went to another metropolis to investigate with instructions that it never happened. Well the other dept owed ours a favor because a few months earlier a couple of their detectives got in a serious accident after partying -our department never charged them and they kept their jobs. So the metropolis investigating the rape paid our department and specifically, Sgt. Rapist back. The entire thing was swept under the rug. Not another word and an unofficial memo to never talk about it again. After all this guys job and freedom could be in jeopardy because he was a good guy, one of "us".
A year later a different cop more senior was fired for a different rape. The rape of someone in his custody.

My anger stems from the daily abuse that happens by some cops but is defended by virtually all cops. If a 63 year old white, well respected cattle rancher isn't safe from being blown away in front of his wife who is. Those are just 2 cases from 1 department.

I'm not anti cop, in fact my oldest son is an MP in the USMC and may make LE a career. I raised him to be an honest, kind, moral man and I'm afraid that LE, the way it's going, will not accept those qualities. I know that good, moral men exist in LE as I worked with some. They were old school guys that were just counting their days till retirement. They thought that the new group of young cops with heads shaved and always looking for a fight made the job tough.

Fair enough, thanks.

Really kind of pointless to accuse or defend much more without further details as to this case.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington