Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by cv540
I don't care that he brought a gun. I don't care if anyone carries a gun. I carry a gun.

I just don't whip it out without reason. I sure as heck don't whip it out around other armed persons who may not be sure of my intentions, whether they are cops or anyone else.

The fact that he brought a gun, if he had left it in the truck wouldn't have been a factor.

Gotta wonder why he chose to deploy it. Most likely scenario was to make his point that he thought the bull shouldn't be put down.

I am guessing here and I really don't like to guess without facts but I think the reason they called him in the first place was to come and put the bull down. I also don't see that calling him to come was in any way ignoring the folks who were hurt in the car.

Time will tell if we ever get all the facts.

I don't know about Idaho, but here that would abolsolutely be the last thing I want the landowner doing. It would put way to much liability on our agency.

Example

pd: call randy rancher " hey come take care of your wonder cow in the road"

RR shows up and says I'm gonna shoot my Cow be a use it is suffering to.much, we say ok, Randy takes out his trusty rusty 30-06 and pokes plants one between the eyes of said cow, bullet traverses through the skull of the animal and angles off something hard, travels out into the field and strikes and kills the passenger of the vehicle that hit the cow.

Now who do you think the family of that passenger is going to Sue? Dead broke and bankrupt Randy, or a municipality?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell