Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Consider this: Sheriff Zollman works within his budget ($15/hr) to hire deputies. He's not getting the cream-of-the-crop as far as applicants go. In fact, he has to eventually hire somebody to fill a vacancy. If Brian "I'm a sniper!!" Wood was the best he could find to hire, just think of all of the applicants that he Did Not hire, now that's a scary thought.

Looking at the Adams co sheriffs office pay scale the deputies make more than 15/hr. The base salary for entry level deputies was $36,000 I believe. In any case they have enough money to buy a "sniper rifle" and night force scope....

I guess a cop can only not murder people or break laws if they are paid more.

Assuming the $36,000 per anum holds water!

36,000 divided by 52 weeks divided by 40 hours yields $17.30/hour.

If a bit of that is overtime to cover shifts when another deputy is sick or on vacation, or in court, or if the deputy is working nights and also has to make a court appearance that same day. That could well knock the pay scale back to or even below the stated $15.00/hr.

$15.00 per hour is entry level wage at the corp. I work, a 75 minute drve from Council. That is what we pay the guys to wash down the floors or sweep. They _get a darned nice benifits package as well including ten paid holidays per year, great health insurance, sick pay, and vacation.

But low pay is no excuse for being an azzhole on or off the job.

If the pay is not right, go where it is. Unless, of course, your record precludes you from being hired anywhere else!

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.