Originally Posted by cv540
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by cv540
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
I've seen those HEAVY, and razor sharp pointed trocars BEND on bullhide, and have helped a vet use a big rawhide mallet to get one of the things between a bull's ribs.

So lots of shots to the chest where they won't over-penetrate kind of makes sense.

with 9 mm hollow points ?

.....having a hard time believing I just read that.

real head shaker, that one.

GTC

Sometimes you have to improvise with what you are equipped with, at the time. Not ideal, but probably not an option to say, "wait here" while I drive back to the station and get something different and more suited to the job.

(But maybe you and I should just mosey on down to the Pointless Arguments and Insult thread, cuz I think I see where this is going)

Improvise ?

Mister, you don't know a bull from your behind, and I seriously doubt you've ever shot or BUTCHERED one.

not an option to say, "wait here" while I drive back to the station and get something different and more suited to the job.

The fact that the Two deputies only had 9mm handguns in their units or immediately available while working in that particular area's a bit of a head shaker, too. Like they didn't have the first clue at what can be encountered there , by way of livestock and native wildlife.

"pointless",.....ya' know, that's a better handle for you than some esoteric aircraft designator....

....suits ya'.

GTC

"Mister, you don't know a bull from your behind, and I seriously doubt you've ever shot or BUTCHERED one."

Wrong...steers and hogs, and shot in the head with a .22.

"The fact that the Two deputies only had 9mm handguns in their units or immediately available while working in that particular area's a bit of a head shaker, too. Like they didn't have the first clue at what can be encountered there , by way of livestock and native wildlife."

I think it quite likely they had some type of long gun in their squads, don't know.

The post I made, that you jumped on was regarding a bull shot in England with an MP5. Probably all they had, or had trained with, and they made do with what they had.

Guess they could have said, "Wait here Nigel, and cover him with that Bloody Unsuitable MP5 while I drive back and get the trusty .303."

Are you a FIB? You never answered.

Feel the Bern in your wallet.