Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Yes Greg, I am one of those.

I passed by Jack's barn three hours before the accident occured.

I hate pointing fingers at the cops. They are doing a tough job for little compensation. At least that is true of small town police and deputies around here.

I almost bought a shop in Weiser once, it's hard to countenance it being almost a quarter century ago
...spent more than a fair bit of time just hanging out in that general area,...and ran the road up to McCall MANY times. Strikes me that I remarked about folks were driving TOO FAST, at that time. Can't imagine that anybody slowed down much,....

We've been told that a "never back down" attitude is (in some circles) an outmoded, and somehow FROWNED UPON attitude.

I'll only comment that I've never seen it more strongly reflected in a nicer bunch of solid folks than those I met , during that all too brief sojourn there.

Can't see Cochise County as being a whole lot different, either.

There's something VERY wrong when hard working folks start to feel "cornered"

I'd have said / posted little or nothing here,...were it not for getting a strong whiff of the sort that aspire to corner.

Best for them that they realize that their smell can't wash off, and that their time's drawing to a close.

GTC

A real good post, followed by an excellent response.

"Not backing down", and "feeling cornered" are especially apropos to a LOT of these "bad" L E encounters, I'm thinking.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place