I called my buddy, Brian Pearce that was quoted in the news story. (Yes, he is THAT Brian Pearce.) wink

We had a very long, candid conversation about this, and what measures are being taken by the sheriff.

We pretty much agree that the facts of the investigation have are not known at this time, but from accounts coming from people that were on the scene, the sheriff needs to be more forthcoming about some things.

A small county and it's citizens have lots of concerns and questions right now. They are not getting any answers whatsoever. That needs to change. It needs to change on the local and the state level.

The citizens that have entrusted public office to the sheriff and state police should come first. Priority one. Always.

With questions being asked, and no answers coming back to them, it appears that those priorities have shifted.

I too feel that the sheriff can make some information avl. to calm the concerns of the people and address the issues at hand... without compromising the investigation.

Right, wrong, or somewhere in between isn't so much the issue right now. The public needs to know that they can trust certain levels of government to do the lawful and right thing. People in that community don't have that trust right now.

That needs to change. Soon.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!