"Which members are you talking about, Gene? Don't be coy."

Since you asked a civil question, I'll respond:

I was speaking to a general mindset that usually divides the forum membership on this topic.

But... Our friend Bob [isaac] was the one leading the charge against Jose Guerno and his wife. To his credit, months later, he was the one who,privately, told me of the financial settlement.[To MY credit, I didn't open an "I told you so" thread about it grin]

I'm not going to research either of the two threads to assemble the list of "team members".

The length of the threads tells the story. Most members posted one time, allowing that that the cops' actions were questionable, or abhorrent,even.

Those members supporting the cops, or,"wait on the facts" types, are few in number, but because each of them respond to each contrary post, it gives the appearance of a forum equally divided on the question.

It's not.

When something smells, most members know there is something rotten causing it, but they are content to only post one time.

I said, many years ago, that I post on all contentious threads as a student of human nature. That hasn't changed, whether the topic is religion, or whatever.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place